Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

NAT/PAT configuration on PIX Firewall

Thread: NAT/PAT configuration on PIX Firewall

Hybrid View

Question NAT/PAT configuration on PIX Firewall

Hi everyone.

I've a question about a thing i've read on linuxhomenetworking.com/cisco-hn/dsl-pix.htm
    I don't know if it's the best place for posting my question, but the "forum link" is redirecting on this forum.

So, I have a problem with my PIX 520 (OS: 6.3.3)
    I need to find a configuration in order to contact an "inside" server from the "inside" network, using the "outside" address and static PAT/NAT.

In the article, it's written : "Remember, it's not possible to hit your firewall's public NAT IP address from servers on your home network."

So is there a mean, or not ? Before this, I was absolutely sure that it was possible, mais now, there is a doubt

Thanks !

I answer to myself, it seems that it's not possible. There is a way using "DNS Doctoring" but it cannot be applied on my architecture.

Have fun

You would think a 520 would have the ability. Hell, after an OS upgrade, my 2500 routers were able to do it. You would think a originally priced $1500 firewall could do the same. It's not like it was one of the severe economy models.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.