Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

JSP with Apache & Tomcat!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSP with Apache & Tomcat!

Question JSP with Apache & Tomcat!

AoA,

I have tried to execute JSP with apache, by using tomcat and mod_jk2 connector.Now, i have placed the following code in my server's html folder, the file name is "hello.jsp and the code is:

Code:
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Hello World</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <H1>Hello World</H1>
    Today is: <%= new java.util.Date().toString() %>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    Now, when i try to read the output of this code, by using:

Code:
    http://localhost/hello.jsp
    i get the following display:

Code:
    Hello World
    I don't understand what's the problem.Can anyone guide me?

Good Guru
    What if you put this,
    Code:
    <SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
    </SCRIPT>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Hello!

If i use this script, i only get the following output:

Code:
    Hello World
    , but not the date and time.

Do you see any errors on your tomcat log?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

The original code works just fine on my tomcat installation:

Hello World

Today is: Wed Jun 14 10:00:29 EDT 2006

Are you sure tomcat is serving you the page, and not apache?
    Did you configure the JAVA_HOME variable on the tomat settings?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Are you running this page out of Apache or Tomcat? If Apache did you install the mod_jk connector? Better to just try it directly through Tomcat first, get it working then attempt to connect Apache and Tomcat.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Arrow

Hello!

The JSP is working fine with tomcat.The results are displayed correctly.If i try to execute the same page through apache then i am not getting the correct display.

Apache displays result of java script correctly, i.e if i try to execute the following code through apache:

Code:
    <head>
    <title>My Javascript Page</title>
    </head>

<body>
    Hello!!!<br>
    <script>
    document.write("Welcome to my world!!!<br>");
    </script>
    Enjoy your stay...<br>
    </body>
    </html>
    I get the following result:

Code:
    Hello!!!
    Welcome to my world!!!
    Enjoy your stay...
    But with the previous JSP pages and other codes similar to that is not showing the correct results for apache web server.

In tomcat i haven't made any JAVA_HOME setting.Can you tell me where to make these changes?

It seems you have something misconfigured then.
    I'd say you go again through your setup and make sure it is kosher.
    Here is a setup guide for the mod_jk2.

Smile

Hello!

Its working now.Thanks a lot for your replies.

What was the problem???