Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

stop dhcp client changing hostname

Thread: stop dhcp client changing hostname

stop dhcp client changing hostname

Linux fedora core 2
    GNOME

How can I stop dhcp client chaning hostname that it gets from dhcp server. In sort I want to have hostname equal to xxxxx.test.com instead of dch<ip address>.test.com.
    I also changed HOSTNAME = xxxxx.test.com in \etc\sysconfig\network and still getting following alert message:

Could not look up internet address for xxxxx. This will prevent GNOME from operating correctly. It may be possible to correct the problem by adding xxxxx to the file /etc/hosts.

Any input to resolve this issue is appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: stop dhcp client changing hostname

Quote Originally Posted by skskal
    Linux fedora core 2
    GNOME

How can I stop dhcp client chaning hostname that it gets from dhcp server. In sort I want to have hostname equal to xxxxx.test.com instead of dch<ip address>.test.com.
    I also changed HOSTNAME = xxxxx.test.com in \etc\sysconfig\network and still getting following alert message:

Could not look up internet address for xxxxx. This will prevent GNOME from operating correctly. It may be possible to correct the problem by adding xxxxx to the file /etc/hosts.

Thanks

Found solution to the above mentioned alert message in one of the forum.
    What I did is, I edited line 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhosts in /etc/hosts file as below and restarted machine.

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain xxxxx

Thanks

Re: stop dhcp client changing hostname

Linux fedora core 2
    GNOME

Thanks

Found solution to the above mentioned alert message in one of the forum.
    What I did is, I edited line 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhosts in /etc/hosts file as below and restarted machine.

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain xxxxx

Thanks
    Access to network seems very slow after above mentioned change. By reverting the above change network access is faster but, still getting alert message.

Any solution to this one is appreciated.

Thanks