Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Cool applications - Page 11
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool applications

Re:Cool applications

I think Firestarter is good, it's really easy to use and powerful.

Is firestarter a firewall?

I am after a firewall - any suggestions (it needs to be EASY to install hehehe)

Yup Firestarter is a firewall

firestarter installs fine WOO HOO

Admittedly, I got tired before I read every single link, but I read 90% of them and didn't see this one:

madman and rhythmbox

These two are fighting it out to see which will be 'the iTunes of Linux' I guess.

I like 'em both, but last I tried, I had some issues with madman in the stability department - though the interface might be a bit nicer. Rhythmbox is very stable, and the interface is fine for my needs.

thanks ncajon - there is a list in a somewhat organized manner -> http://www.linuxjunior.org/cgi-bin/p...play&id=92

BTW - nice to see ya

I just discovered Midnight Commander and it is just plain awesome.

Here are a few of the applications I use on a daily basis.

GNOME-btdownload, a GNOME2 frontend for the bittorrent p2p system (gnome-bt.sf.net)

Dictionary, it's a program that comes default with GNOME, it looks up your search in various dictionaries very handy for us none english native speaking guys and gals. (www.gnome.org)

Synaptic, it's the frontend for apt-rpm (and apt-get as I recall), it makes searching for a package very easy compared to using the command line.
    (URL unknown)

Streamtuner http://www.nongnu.org/streamtuner/ a great program to listen to online radio from Shoutcast and Live365

streamripper I(google it for rpms/deb/tgz) a great program to "record" songs from streamripper and in good quality too 128/192 somtimes 98(2)

Don't you have to run Firestarter as root only?