Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

log rotation

Thread: log rotation

log rotation

Hi,

Is there is any possible way to rotate apache log files base on the log file size, I want to rotate the log file once it reaches 100MB.

If I can rotate the log file then how can I do it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can use either the "minsize" or "size" options in the logrotate conf file. Check the logrotate man pages for details.

My sites:
    -

Thanks, I will search and make a try. If possible can you post the changes which have to be made in the conf file?

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    You can use either the "minsize" or "size" options in the logrotate conf file. Check the logrotate man pages for details.
    Where can I check that logrotate man pages? I've been searching also with that. I can't find answers.

Advisor
    In a terminal type: man logrotate
    Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
    'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'
    Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.