Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Monitor user history

Thread: Monitor user history

Hybrid View

Monitor user history

Hi,

I have list of users who knows root password, Those users login as users then later switch as root user or super user.

My requirement is that I want to monitor the users action or the commands used by them, I tried to get it from the history file but I was unable to do it, because the users history is stored in both users history as well as root history. Do you have any Idea or solution?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try sudo and disable the users' ability to do:

• su -
    • visudo

I think you can set sudo to log commands. You'll need to either disable the ability for the users to edit the log files, or you could just log to a remote log host to which they don't have access.

My sites:
    -

I would personally stray away from sudo, but that's me (too many exploits, too often). Use the HISTTIMEFORMAT variable in your bash rc/profile file to add timestamps to 'history', then use 'last' to find out who was logged in, and when. There is also 'whowatch', and ttysnoop; to watch them in real-time.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

Hi friends,

I am an system administrator, I want to monitor the users activity, My requrement is to write a script and send the user activity to my manager. Is this is possible?