Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fedora 13

Thread: Fedora 13

Hybrid View

Fedora 13

Hello everyone. This will be my first post here. I'm a long time Fedora user and wonder how many of you use this distro? Have you installed Fedora 13 yet and if so, what do you think of it?

I've used it quite a bit with Mac laptops, and personally love a RH distro for a workstation. Reasons being, after installing the development modules, EVERYTHING compiles without an issue. Another reason, is their custom kernel that goes through Quality Assurance before a release. On top of that, every one of their packages goes through QA. Also, the hardware support is quite great.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Agreed. For the few things that I do need to compile, for example, during a VirtualBox installation compiling the kernel module, things work flawlessly as long as the development stuff is installed. I have several boxes here with Fedora 12 or 13 installed on them and virtually all of the hardware is recognized, regardless of whether the box is old or new, with a few minor exceptions. I'm actually disappointed (oddly enough) that there's less of a challenge in running something like Fedora as time goes by and new releases are available. I used to bask in the glory of winning a long, hard fought battle getting things working. Not so much any more.