Thread: Jolicloud -- Anyone Use It

Hybrid View

Kind Mastermind

Jolicloud -- Anyone Use It

Anyone use Jolicloud yet? It is supposed to fully support my Dell Mini-10, so it intrigues me. I am downloading it right now. If no one has used it, I'll try to install it once I get a replacement keyboard for my Mini.

Cheers
    The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously.
    Where facts are few, experts are many.

Kind Mastermind
    Just repaired my computer, so I installed Jolicloud. Wow. It is fast, just like Linux is supposed to be. Haven't found any issues with it, but then, I've only been using it for less than an hour. Will keep people updated.
    The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously.
    Where facts are few, experts are many.

Advisor
    Hey Stryder,

Personaly I'm not that much into the shiny easypeasy distros, I like to get in under the hood and not feel restricted by some seemingly flawless GUI, which in the end limits my usage.

With something like Jolicloud it looks alot like mandrake/mandriva, when its not "working out of the box", it's pure hell to get in deep and fix it.

Is my assumption true?
    Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
    'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'
    Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.

So very cool. I wish they would have used the GING project for this, but that's me dreaming again (especially since it's dead). I think I'll install on my ASUS EeePC here soon.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

Screaming Electron, Full of BSD Goodness

I'm going to try to install this today. I'll give a review on it later.

Of course, once the Google Chrome OS is released, I'll be replacing it with that.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

Screaming Electron, Full of BSD Goodness

Joli OS

Hi Everyone.

I have the Joli OS running on a decrepit old Dell (2001 Model) It runs fast, nice looking and very simple. I use it to set up Internet machines for people who just want to get on facebook, play Angry birds, Listen to music on the Cloud etc. etc.

It works very well. I have it on an old Dell Inspiron Laptop. I show it to my customers that can't afford a shiny new machine. It works well as a family internet machine.

Its a simple install. It can even Co-exist with windows. it creates its own partition etc.

google it and give it a try. it won't hurt.

Bobby Digital