Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fedora 12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedora 12

Fedora 12

Released today. Has anyone tried to install it or upgrade to it? Any problems?

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nope, I tried 11 when it came out and was very unimpressed. It felt like fedora core 2 for me, just didnt seem to change much. WTB better wireless support!
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Associate
    Have installed Fedora12 on a Dual Core system with ATI card. Found beta 3D drivers from Fedora. One of the best tools for a beginner is installing yumex.

Yumex is a gui tool to manage software installations, updates and removals.

I was reading the techrepublic review of Yumex. It looks like a real help when you use non-standard repositories, like when you need custom video drivers. Thanks for the tip!

My sites:
    -

have they cleaned things up since version 11? Installing and using version 11 was like going back to the early 2000's
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

An upgrade from 11 to 12 refused to recognize my previously operational software raid and failed when restarting. I also tried to setup the original raid as new and one of my two drives failed to be recognized as part of the raid set on first boot. I also tried manual software raid setup at the point in the install just before the local drive setup gets probed. I can create and verify the raid, but on boot, the same drive is still not recognized in the raid set.

I'm not impressed with 12. I may either go back to 11, go to CentOS 5.4 or do esxi 4. I just want a fast raid 0 for my virtualization setup.

Or Debian. Hmm. Would love to run debian again

Yeah, I keep going back to Debian based distros, no matter what I seem to try. It just works!
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

In the process of moving all once-RHEL servers at my work to Ubuntu Server. Its totally secure (no listening services) on initial install and doesn't force you to install a GUI. Oh, there is the issue of RPM's versus DEB's...yeah... ;-)
    jro -

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Yeah I am currently using Ubuntu as my webserver, but its the standard version and I have installed LAMPP afterwards for its ease of use and configuration. How's the migration going, tough work?
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

Its more nerve wracking then anyhing, since the config files are all in different places, and the services aren't the same. (Postfix vs Qmail) Its been the hardest trying to make sure I didn't forget some little esoteric program that I installed to fix an issue 2 years ago and forgot to write down.

I will be very nice to have all servers running the same distro. I am looking into purchasing a Landscape license from Canonical, if you haven't read about it here is a link. From everything I have read it gives the RHEL centralized update service a run for its money. I am just trying to figure out how to fit it into the budget..
    jro -

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7