Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Firefox out of internet

Thread: Firefox out of internet

Hybrid View

Unhappy Firefox out of internet

My Firefox will not connect to internet after the latest update. But it did work the day before when I updated nearly everything including Flash player to 9.x and it worked perfectly. Sadly enough I've forgot exactly what I updated the day after but EVERYTHING is up to the very latest version now in any case.
    I'm trying to get around with Konqueror but it sucks in comparison and it doesn't work with all my usual sites.

Can something have changed in some file which determines what program gets access to the internet? Or in, something I've heard about, IP-chains / IP-tables? If this has something to do with what program gets access to the internet then I would be really glad if someone could show me EXACTLY how to change it, since I've never done anything like that before. A step-by-step-list intended for children would be appreciated since I absolutely hate the command line and therefore never learned it...

My system:
    Motherboard: Tyan S2895
    CPU: 2xOpteron 285
    Memory: 10GB
    Graphic: 2xNvidia Quadro FX 3500
    Hard drive: 4xSamsung 250GB SATA
    Monitor: Samsung 244T, connected to graphic card 1

/ Hoiladon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PS. I've allways used the graphical YAST for adding and updating. DS.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

What exactly is the error you are getting when you try going to sites? If you can get internet with Konq, you aren't having firewall issues. To find out more, you will want to use the command-line, but it won't hurt, I promise. Open a terminal, and then type 'firefox'. This will of course start Firefox, but it will display everything that is going on in the background. Go to a site or two, and see what errors are displayed in the terminal.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanx for the swift reply!
    I did as you typed and got the following string:
    "GConf Error: Failed to launch configuration server: Failed to execute child
    process "/opt/gnome/lib/GConf/2/gconfd-2" (No such file or directory)"
    and when i checked that folder it only contained this:
    libgconfbackend-oldxml.so
    libgconfbackend-xml.so

Regards, Hoiladon

Do a search with KDE's file search (or whatever it's called), for that exact file, and tell me the exact location so I can give you some commands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

These are the files and folders I found after a thourough search:

x=my account name
    y=another account name

/home/x/.gconfd 4.0KB Folder 2007-10-14 12:43 x drwx------
    tmp/gconfd-x 4.0KB Folder 2007-10-14 12:43 x drwx------
    home/y/.gconfd 4.0KB Locked Folder 2007-10-07 11:45 y drwx------
    tmp/gconfd-y 4.0KB Locked Folder 2007-10-07 11:45 y drwx------
    tmp/gconfd-root 4.0KB Locked Folder 2007-10-09 16:12 root drwx------
    etc/apparmor/profiles/extras/opt.gnome.lib.GConf.2.gconfd-2 1.2KB C Source File 2006-11-28 10:19 root -rw-r--r--
    usr/lib/GConf/2/gconfd-2 64.4KB Executable File 2007-10-03 20:29 root -rwxr-xr-x

/ Hoiladon

Sorry about the late reply.

First off, make sure Gconf is installed. If so, make sure /opt/gnome/lib/GConf/2/ exists. If not, create those directories with your window manager if it makes you feel more comfortable. After that, type this in a terminal:

$ su
    Password:
    # ln -s /usr/lib/GConf/2/gconfd-2 /opt/gnome/lib/GConf/2/gconfd-2

That will link the file to the directory Firefox is trying to look for it. Run in a terminal again, and see if there is any other errors.