Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

changing operating systems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: changing operating systems

I finally got 2 partitions set up on my computer. One is XP pro, and the other is Vista Ultimate.

They are both on different partitions, but now it always boots up to Vista.

How can I change it so I can choose between both OS's?

Linux Rocks

i am really considering changing over to linux, but i am afraid if i do, all my programs will uninstall and be erased. can someone please help me???

thanks

You would have to create a separate linux parition. Try shriking your partitions within vista (I think vista doesn't like stuff like gparted messing with it's disks) and then repartition that space for a linux install. Make sure to add XP and vista to your linux bootloader (most likely GRUB nowadays).
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

not too sure how to set up a seperate partition....and i am currently using XP home

AFAIK, most linux installers nowadays can safely shrink XP partitions. If not, you can look into sysresccd (www.sysresccd.org) which has gparted.
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

gparted is cool... you can manage almost anything on booting...

you can also use magic boot

i have this porb also

Hi, I originally had a Dell Inspiron B130, and today I just now got a brand new Sony Vaio computer, and it has Windows Vista installed.