Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

GConf Error

Thread: GConf Error

GConf Error

GConf error:Failed to contact configuration server;some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP for ORBit,or your have NFS locks due to a system crash.(Details-/:IOR file'/tmp/gcofd-cheetahman/tock/ior' not opened successfully,no gconfd located:Permission denied 2: IOR file /tmp/gconfd-cheetahman/lock/ior not opened succesfully no gconfd located: Permission denied)

Good Guru
    I would delete the file in the /tmp dir that it speaks of. Sounds like a lockfile that went stale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Schotty
    I would delete the file in the /tmp dir that it speaks of. Sounds like a lockfile that went stale.
    Which File

Good Guru
    /tmp/gcofd-cheetahman/lock/ior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Would I delete the whole folder

Good Guru
    Thats fine. Its a tmp file no real harm can be done. I would logout afterwords or reboot. Whichever you feel like, assuming it doesnt work. Its a lockfile, kill that file and the app will work again.

The file is locked its gconfd-cheetahman2006/ how would I remove it

Code:
    su -c "rm -rf /tmp/gconfd-cheetahman2006/*.*"
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

I want to have a look!