Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Xircom and Linux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xircom and Linux

Xircom and Linux

Well currently I am lost as crap. I just built 2.6.1 or rather built it a few days ago and made 0 progress. 2.4.19 allowed for my Xircom ethernet cardbus to work and be detected. Now, well it is giving all these unresolved symbols, which of course can't be found anywhere on google. I'll give you a few of them:

xirc2ps_cs: disagrees about version of symbol per_cpu__softnet_data
    xirc2ps_cs: unknown symbol per_cpu__softnet_data

there is a whole list of those....I have compiled and recompile my kernel with different features atleast 20 times now and I get jack. I would hate to jump back to a older kernel, but it looks as if I may have to :'( Any ideas?

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Re:Xircom and Linux

Have you tried grabbing the latest pcmcia-cs tarball and compiling it with your new kernel? This may or may not help, but it's the only suggestion that comes to mind.

I tried the one that was already with debian...will be trying an update version shortly, will keep you up to date Appreciate it

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Alright...I need some kind of drug to calm me down because I want to kill linux right now :P

I finally got the other issue resolved, that was my fault....I didn't realize coreutils needed to be upgraded too, BUT!!!!!!, now I have another problem with 2.6.1. It is saying when I put the card in that the RequestIRQ: Resource in Use. Well wtf is it in use with. I have disabled almost everything. I went back to 2.4.24, same thing. Plus my usb port isn't working anymore...wtf is that about...I have that enabled.....this is REALLY pissing me off :P

I"ve looked at almost everything in the /proc directory and don't see jack

Aragorn

Alright, got my usb device working....MUST HAVE scsi emulation for a key drive and MUST HAVE the right USB modules loaded, 2.0 modules don't work well with a '97 laptop, lol

Aragorn

Alright, further woes. I seem to have found an issue with the 2.6.x kernel series. With their version of yenta_socket it locks the system up hard. It looks like I am going to have to drop down to the latest 2.4.x series if I am going to get through this without losing all my hair.

Aragorn

just out of interest, can you get precompiled kernels, or at least a 'generic' config file.
    instead of having to do all the options yourself...
    just to see if you *have* missed something
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Well I have made it a step further....I am now able to get yenta_socket loaded. It seems that ACPI was conflicting with Yenta. I will really have to figure out how to truly edit modules.conf today so I can get yenta to load before acpi. Only problem is after loading yenta my card still isn't seen anymore. I also don't have the automatic feature I used to have of when I put in my pc card it was recognized and my module was loaded.....:'(

Aragorn

Did you set up your pcmcia network file? If it doesn't have information, then the pcmcia services won't know what to do with your card when you put it in. I apologize if this is something you've checked already (since you probably have already done this) but it's too freakin' early to think straight right now lol.

Yeah I checked it.....having bigger issues than that now. Without acpi yenta loads, but need acpi to provide power to the pcmcia. Now it isn't even loading pcmcia_core ds or yenta_socket on boot anymore...I can't figure this crap out. It is irritating the living hell out of me.

Aragorn