Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Board brand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board brand

Board brand

these are the main ones that I see on newegg.com

the system would be an athlon 64 3000+.

Re:Board brand

I'm going with Asus based completely on experience. My asus board has been chugging away happily for 3+ years now without a hitch. I've seen just about every other piece of hardware on the machine hiccup or die, but the mobo has remained reliable. Then again, I have no idea how they'll play with the x86-64 chipset.

yeah, im disapointed newegg.com doesnt have the epox board for a64. i have an epox board that is 2 years old and still running better then my 1 year old soyo

I always liked Gigabyte especially the dual bios ;D saved my ass soo many times ;D

On my personal experience;

For ease/stability, go with Asus or Intel (of course, no Athlon 64 for Intel...).

For performance, go with Soyo.

For features, Gygabit...

ive seen three soyos go bad..i dont trust them anymore..ive seen a gigabyte go bad (all within the first 3-4 months otherwise it doesnt count), so im weary. and asus ive never seen anything go bad

my favorite MB manufacture is Tyan - they may great boards and have excellent Linux support.

Mentor

I bought a FIC board, piece of crap, had to pull it out. Replaced it with one from ABIT (KV7), very happy with it ...

I dislike FIC boards too >:|

if i seem picky about brand, its because i cannot stand having stuff go bad.

(just so you guys know)