Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rat cam

Re:rat cam

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=14;threadid=8375;start=0#msg75993 date=1072741492]
    Actually, a few nights ago I was talking to a guy in a bar who's been involved in research with neural signalling. Basically they're able to control the physical actions of rats by hooking up this thing to their brain. I told him he should interface the thing with a playstation controller and have a fight to the death between two rats. He said he'd consider it ;D
    [/quote]

LOL

Webcams work on linux, as long as you have the correct driver (just like every other piece of hardware.) I have one that works fine, and GMoreno has a web cam feed on his website (or used to.)

Webcams work with chat programs too. The problem is not the camera: it is the fact that, at the moment, no instant messenger (as far as i know) support webcams AND is compatible with other Windows messengers of closed standards (like MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger.)

Except NetMeeting/GnomeMeeting I think.

wow I'm mentioned twice in a post. I feel important

Well yes I have mine set up. It is turned off because I had problems with a guy that was being a pain.

Either way I had mine up. The best way to get it your cam on the air is camserv. I set it up once and it worked like a charm it is streaming video but only works with mozilla/netscape NOT IE. But it is awsome it is streaming but doesnt use all your boxe's resources since it only is activated when you access it and it only updateds the changed pixels or something of the sort.

I had something that worked the same I forget the name. If you need help PM me.

BTW I knew someone that did exactly that. Dirk AKA DJV he was on LNO and I think he even has an inactive account here.

His domain was something like pawn3d.us:8080 or something of that sort. Not sure if its up or will ever be back up.

my $.02

My sister has 3 female rats she keeps in her room. If you want a pet rat just borrow a male and stop by my house sometime. I'm sure he'll take interest in one of the girls, you can keep the offspring.

If only webcams were as easy to produce...

[quote author=gorn link=board=14;threadid=8375;start=0#msg76142 date=1072996654]
    My sister has 3 female rats she keeps in her room. If you want a pet rat just borrow a male and stop by my house sometime. I'm sure he'll take interest in one of the girls, you can keep the offspring.

If only webcams were as easy to produce...
    [/quote]

yeah, webcams are bred in special breeding facilities called factories.

[quote author=TeRG link=board=14;threadid=8375;start=0#msg76144 date=1072998777]
    [/quote]

So are cows

[quote author=gorn link=board=14;threadid=8375;start=0#msg76149 date=1073000653]
    [quote author=TeRG link=board=14;threadid=8375;start=0#msg76144 date=1072998777]
    [/quote]

So are cows
    [/quote]

no, they get killed in factories, not bred in them.