Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What did you get for Christmas?

Re:What did you get for Christmas?

I have a ZR-65MC (its a video camera), another good canon product. now i just need a firewire card >.>..and it can take pictures..i have a 64MB SD card, but i dont use it for that (i use it for my PDA)

For pictures i use a Nikon coolpix 2100...its a good camera

Good Guru

[quote author=TeRG link=board=14;threadid=8358;start=30#msg75943 date=1072636946]
    I have a ZR-65MC (its a video camera), another good canon product. now i just need a firewire card >.>..and it can take pictures..i have a 64MB SD card, but i dont use it for that (i use it for my PDA)

For pictures i use a Nikon coolpix 2100...its a good camera
    [/quote]

I was nearly a Canon rep for our loacal CompUSA. I ( at the Best Buy I worked at, along with the great Canon rep) inadvertently got the asshole HP rep barred for life from the store. And I ended up actually talking a Canon sales manager (undercover of course) into buying herself a Canon over the really nice Epson that was there.

I still have the love of Canon. Great printers and multifunctions. Have NO experience with their scanners. Their cameras are also really slick.

I gave my compy a new 2.6.0 kernel (finally got the time and energy to try it out).

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=14;threadid=8358;start=30#msg75948 date=1072647894]
    I ( at the Best Buy I worked at, along with the great Canon rep) inadvertently got the asshole HP rep barred for life from the store.
    [/quote]

Sounds like there is a good story behind this one . . . please tell (if you can ).

I have a Canon scanner. Is ok.

My girlfriend has a 9-freakin-hundred dollar camera. I can't believe it. Then again, this is coming from a guy who considers those little cardboard throwaways to be "good enough" ;D

Good Guru

[quote author=ifred link=board=14;threadid=8358;start=30#msg75951 date=1072652633]
    I gave my compy a new 2.6.0 kernel (finally got the time and energy to try it out).

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=14;threadid=8358;start=30#msg75948 date=1072647894]
    I ( at the Best Buy I worked at, along with the great Canon rep) inadvertently got the asshole HP rep barred for life from the store.
    [/quote]

Sounds like there is a good story behind this one . . . please tell (if you can ).
    [/quote]

Allriight. If anyone remebers the HP Deskjet 720C, the ass rep rain checked like 300 some from the Thursday to Sunday of that weekend. Needless to say even if we COULD get more in stock soon (we maybe could have honored 50 in the next month or so), three HUNDRED ??!!?? Well the GM came to the PC dept. desk and saw a rather thick pair of rubber banded rainchecks. He asked why the rainchecks were mixed up, they were to be separate piles. We said that that was all for that printer. He asked WHO did those all (in a tone that was not like his normal cheery happy mood). I giggled (cuz I hated the asswipe pansy rep) and told him. H told me to no longer sell printers for about 10 minutes. He also kicked the Canon guy out for a bit too. We of course spied.

The jagoff had the nerve to say he was "Serving the customer what they want, which was his duty." Needless to say that was like getting caught banging your friends wife and then saying, she asked for it. You should know better.

"Get the fuck out, never come back ... even as a customer. I hope that your manager isnt an airhead dipshit like you and doesnt refrain from terminating you. LEAVE!!"

So after he catches the Canon guy and I nearly crying with joy and laughter, he told us to get back to work. We were much happier to work the rest of that day ;D

I had an HP printer once, crappiest piece of sh*t ever - it broke down like every 5 mins and it sucked up ink like... arrghh.. just the most expensive thing ever even with 3rd party ink refills.

I want a cheap laser printer instead, who the bloody hell needs to print school papers in color anyways?

Oh and we currently have an Epson inkjet printer, it's crap as well, but less crap than the HP - however CUPS hates it a tad.