Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music download

Mentor

Music download

I'm interested in downloading a particular song. I don't want to buy a complete CD, just one song. I am not looking for any of the illegal download sites, I'm willing to pay a small fee to buy the song. However I won't buy any monthly or annual membership, since this is not something I want to do on a regular basis. I looked at Apple's iPod service wich has a $.99/song download service (I think that's reasonable), however they require a MAC a Win OS which leaves Linux users clearly out (I would not support such service even if it worked with wine or something). Any suggestions where I should go for a one time fee or free music download?

Re:Music download

gnutella?

other then that, iduno.

If anybody knows the answer, let me know. when i get a check card, i would like to start -buying- my music

Mentor

[quote author=trickster link=board=14;threadid=8338;start=#msg75647 date=1072055200]
    http://audiolunchbox.com/
    [/quote]

Thanks, but it did not have my song (it's a classic, nothing really special, so I'm surprised a bit).

i need something with both american and foreign music. especially the finish bands sanata arctica and nightwish, and the italian band white skull. audiolunchbox doesnt have it.

You can always install steamtuner, and watch the internet radio station's web site schedule, and once it starts, record it. Or is that illegal also? :P

Unfortunatly, you only have two options that I am aware of. Either 1.) Use iTunes on Win/Mac and use it -or- 2.) Get it from a file sharing utility like Gnutella (via Limewire or eDonkey, etc..) 'illegally.'

Just about all other music services force you to pay per month, which, if you were to use the service on lot, would be worth it ... but for a song or two a month it's a rip off.

My advice is to just download the song of Gnutella and purchase something from the groups website (like a shirt, poster, single, etc..). That way you have given the band money and got what you wanted. If they take donations, do it that way.

[burned consumer]
    Your a consumer, what are you thinking! You can't just name what you're willing to purchase!
    [/burned consumer]

Mentor

Hey cloverm, how about telling us what song it is maybe one of us already have it

Mentor

[quote author=boblucci link=board=14;threadid=8338;start=#msg75678 date=1072102905]
    Hey cloverm, how about telling us what song it is maybe one of us already have it
    [/quote]

I'd think none of you collects this kind of music, but I'll give it a shot. It's "Help yourself" from Tom Jones. I know, I know, but it's more of a childhood memory thing for me. That's why I want this song only and not a whole album.

Mentor

Tom Jones?? The same guy who sings "Whats new pussy cat? woow , wa woow" and "It's not unusall....." ;D ;D

Sorry dude i cant help you, unless you would feel better if I went and downloaded from one of "thoses" sites?

I have a bunch of Frank Sinatra.......