Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Physical order of files on cd-r?

Thread: Physical order of files on cd-r?

Physical order of files on cd-r?

I'm trying to create a cd-r using k3b, cdrecord, et. al. Normally everything works fine, but I need the files on the disk to be written in a very particular order. I'm creating a cd of mp3s for my portable mp3 player (a Memorex MPD8507CP if it matters) and the mp3 files need to be played in a particular ordering (two directories, 60 files in the first, 48 files in the second; each file is between 3.0 and 6.0 Mb).

Unfortunately, cdrecord (or mkisofs or k3b) just writes the files to the disc in any ordering it pleases (the first directory is written in reverse order and the second directory is written in almost the correct order). How can I force cdrecord to write the files in a desired order? Thanks for your help.

Re:Physical order of files on cd-r?

Umm... since it is a data cd, and you are using file names, if you want it played in a certain order all the players I've seen (that use cd-rs) just load it all up in alpha order and play on.

In fact, my DVD player won't play MP3 on CD-R randomly (go figure - it plays everything else random) so to get something other than ABBA to ZZ Top I use some scripting to append random numbers to the front of the file name.

I thought the cd player would play the files in alpha-numerical order. The files are named in alpha-numerical order, but they are played in reverse order in the first directory.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660
    File names may be up to 31 characters.
    Up to the 34th character, all of the filenames were identical. I shortened the filenames to just the part number and now it works. The filenames of the second directory were also identical, but much shorter, which is why they appeared to work properly.