Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RIP iBook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP iBook

RIP iBook

So my ibook has is dead. She's been through a lot. Her ethernet port is broken (pin fell out), her backlighting died (fixed by soldering a wire from the power lead on the firewire port to the invertor board), her airport antenna wire is semi-frayed, her battery lasts 45 minutes, her cdrom drive didn't wok (fixed by replacing the damaged IDE ribbon [I damaged it when removing something]), her trackpad doesn't track, and now her hard drive has spun up for the last time.

So I could replace the hard drive for 100-200, but then i still have the battery and ethernet and trackpad issues, plus the frayed antenna cable might cause trouble down the road.

So right now my plan is to buy a broken ibook off ebay, and patch one together, but even those are expensive.

*sigh* why do all good things need to come to an end?

Re:RIP iBook

Let's all have a moment of silence. :'(

they say for every death there is a life. this must be why i just purchased an ibook.

[quote author=burntash link=board=14;threadid=8324;start=0#msg75498 date=1071720227]
    they say for every death there is a life. this must be why i just purchased an ibook.
    [/quote]

you killed her!

ROFLMAO!!

*Master_Copy goes to buy an iBook

Every time you buy an iBook, an angel looses its wings

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=14;threadid=8324;start=0#msg75503 date=1071721629]
    Every time you buy an iBook, an angel looses its wings
    [/quote]

Man combine that with eating Angel Hair Pasta and you got a bald, wingless angel. Poor guy.

Good Guru

[quote author=Master Copy link=board=14;threadid=8324;start=0#msg75501 date=1071720840]
    ROFLMAO!!

*Master_Copy goes to buy an iBook
    [/quote]

What about the Tsing Tao?

jeez hope my ibook lasts longer than 2 years. :-X

What about the Tsing Tao?
    Good point. Forget the iBook, I'll pick up B&W instead so I can afford mass quantities of Tsintao. ;D