Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I LOVE MICROSOFT !!!

I LOVE MICROSOFT !!!

Any company great enough to produce the XBOX is okay in my book... ups..

The one good thing they ever did, they at least did well, I just brought one and boy does it kick ass - now all I need is a few good games, and maybe one of those modchips.

Re:I LOVE MICROSOFT !!!

Hey thanks LC
    here is another review of the Xbox.

Hahaha I like that. Even tho it's mostly BS.
    I know pretty freakin good FPS gamers that have an XBOX just because they want to experience all the games they can. Not because they kowtow to MS. I do agree about his tirade on Halo to some extent, but it was damned fun. Too bad the multiplayer blows goats. Who cares what the wanks at screensavers say about it.

I thik the XBOX is good and most of Microsoft products are good, but they just compare to Open Source product. :P

According to Maddox:

All good games come from Japan??... HEY, I kinda like Hitman and that's Danish. Sure there are alot of crap games out there, there's is a lot of crap for every console and the PC. I like many of the games out of the UK and US as well - in fact I don't like many Japanese games they suck.. it's a matter of opinion biatch !

Controller sucks - I got the S-Controller which seems to be the default one now, and it's very nice to work with, took a while to adjust to not having a trackball and a keyboard - but I rock at HALO with that thing.

Too expensive.. I paid 200 bucks for the console, a controller, XBOX Live subscription, Halo and Midtown Madness 3 - plus it still cost the evil empire cash -- what am I complaining about again?

Crack games, I brought Colin Mcreas Rally 04 in the hopes that it would be a fun game - I think it's a pretty game but it's FAR from fun, I wish I had gotten Hitman2 instead.

What nuts me up is that I have to buy some thingy to watch DVDs (typical M$, squeezing the lemon just a bit to much) and the games are expensive. We don't have EBgames.com here with their 19.99 buck games (which I think is a fair price for a game - they would sell more if they were all priced like that) - could someone help me out with this, ebgames doesn't like me much so I can't order (Mozilla hangs) plus they want 29buck to ship to DK, I'm sure we could do it cheaper.

I really dog my XBOX, I just wish I had more games for it (sadly with DK prices the $$$ won't allow for many). And since it's a semi powerful PC, it's a tad to noisy for my liking.

I do however agree, the death of the dreamcast was sad - it was a good machine and deserved a better slice of the pie. RIP dreamcast.

[quote author=althepcman link=board=17;threadid=8323;start=0#msg75468 date=1071708012]
    I thik the XBOX is good and most of Microsoft products are good, but they just compare to Open Source product. :P
    [/quote]

Name one good M$ product. :P

[quote author=cga link=board=17;threadid=8323;start=0#msg75475 date=1071709959]
    [quote author=althepcman link=board=17;threadid=8323;start=0#msg75468 date=1071708012]
    [/quote]

Name one good M$ product. :P
    [/quote]

Easy!
    Visual Studio.NET is a fine tool.
    .NET is exellent
    C# is exellent.

nah, i dont like xbox, c#, or anything to do with .net..now .gnu..that might be a different story.

Now why can't people accept that .NET is a good tool? I mean, MS has REALLY outdone themselves on this one. This has got to be the first time in their history that they've shown real innovation and creativity to bring something beautiful to computing. I'm still waiting for them to fumble (it's coming...don't worry!), but for the time being I think .NET is the cat's meow!

Anyway, back on topic, I prefer the PS2. Feels nicer in my hands, and bigger selection of games.

Hey is the latest Tony Hawk available on XBox? Man that looks cool!

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=17;threadid=8323;start=0#msg75560 date=1071798781]
    Now why can't people accept that .NET is a good tool? I mean, MS has REALLY outdone themselves on this one. This has got to be the first time in their history that they've shown real innovation and creativity to bring something beautiful to computing. I'm still waiting for them to fumble (it's coming...don't worry!), but for the time being I think .NET is the cat's meow!

Anyway, back on topic, I prefer the PS2. Feels nicer in my hands, and bigger selection of games.

Hey is the latest Tony Hawk available on XBox? Man that looks cool!
    [/quote]

1. money
    2. insecurity
    3. non-portability
    4. windows
    5. windows

to put it simply, i dont think that anything m$ asks for for their products is fair. .NET might be a nice idea, but the way they execute it is tyrant like, and im trying to move away from that.

its one thing if they charge a bit for it..but the fact that it isnt portable, imean x86- windows based machines are the only ones that can use .net..AND the price of windows and .net...bleh.