Thread: Linux Paper Review

Linux Paper Review

Hey guys... This isn't really an appropriate place for this, but I have a favor to ask. I wrote a long (14 page) paper concerning Linux for an English class of mine, and I was wondering if anyone could maybe give me some pointers (incorrect or missing info, etc.). It is based on the debate of whether Linux is ready for the desktop, with a little Linux history, and what my views were on the subject. Keep in mind, as far as missing info, this paper is severly trimmed down. It was supposed to be 8 to 10 pages, but my drafts were about 22 pages. I could only cut it down to 14 before it lost meaning. Anyways, if it isn't too big of a problem, it would be greatly appreciated. I have managed to convert a Win user based on it, so it can't be TOO bad. Maybe we could start a propaganda machine with it... Thanks.

http://24.10.119.121/rons-downloads/...rety-FINAL.doc

I figured that glo genius's would be a better review board than someone that knows nothing about Linux.
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

Re:Linux Paper Review

I think it is an excellent paper. Grade A for an English class. Only misspelling I saw was populous was spelled populus. As far as the content it was excellent. Very limited, but I understand the constraints and you did good handling the constraints. I think the only thing I would have done differently is elaborate more on the native security of Linux.

Good Job.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

That's funny... even with spell-check highlighting the misspelled words, I still missed it. Oh well, I can't be perfect...
    By native security, are you meaning how the code is actually written more securely?
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

yes, and that linux is more secure even locally, and the built in firewalls, etc etc etc

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.