Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: body kit for car (way OT)

Good Guru

Re:body kit for car (way OT)

[quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=8276;start=0#msg75128 date=1071117047]
    I don't know man. I don't believe that it's a "guy thing".[/quote]
    Well, I kindda tried to ignore it but I gotta say something or else.

Every one has the thing they want to show off or they LOVE to invest time in. NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME.

For you, may be your VAN or SUV fit the bill (I myself drive a van because I carry cargo for my work as well as employees for short trips). For a man in his 20s who have no intention of carrying more than himself plus a girlfriend, why waste so much freaking gas by driving gas sucking V6s SUVs or V8s which is mostly the case with those cars. The small sports fit the bill. Plus, sport cars are much more easier to handle than those boxy big suckers.

I can turn a short curve in my Supra with little body movement but the van won't even cut it. Small cars are easier to park and need less parking space ( ever heard of compact car only parking space?).

A vehicle to me is just a tool to get you from point A to point B or to carry cargo or people, not a status symbol, something to show off.
    That is depends on you. I bet you buy your cloths from Wal-mart or K-Mart. It's just a cloth. Why buy name brand? It's just a cloth.

Good Guru

[quote author=ph34r link=board=14;threadid=8276;start=0#msg75097 date=1071093232]
    Sports cars? None of that Japan stuff for me please... don't like rice, but I do like good German potatoes [/quote]
    I don't suck European and even if I do, I won't brag it.

yea too bad they discontinued it :'( but they are bringing it back ;D ;D ;D with the current design modified but I love it stock looking ;D

yup I am right now it's for show like Import Showoff/Import Revolution. All I have now is just a AEM V2 (custom) hopefully next year i'll have more mods and get this turbo system in. Suspension/lowering springs and brakes would be next year.

my driving style varies depend who i'm with, I usually don't speed just go with the flow of traffic with little weaving in out, once in a while i'll pull the e-brake and spin the car ;D

Sport cars are good atleast I can park them ;D I suck at parking trucks/vans anything big :-[

i'm sure cloverm doesnt need to show off a car, brand name clothes because he has linux to show off ;D

compnuts ever drift your car before ??? ;D

Mentor

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=14;threadid=8276;start=#msg75133 date=1071126914]
    That is depends on you. I bet you buy your cloths from Wal-mart or K-Mart. It's just a cloth. Why buy name brand? It's just a cloth.
    [/quote]

Nah, I'm not that sophisticated. I just have my wife to pick up some clothes for me at the flea market once in a while.

I buy clothes from Walmart.

hmm - finally remembered that I didn't choose the pwd for this site

as I read through the thread I was struck by a number of comments/questions/responses

1. does it need the bodykit - probably not, but hell it's your car and your cash - have fun

2. why do people own sportscars - errm many galaxies ago (or something like that) I would have been saying "because ..." followed by something utterly vacuous - today I'd have to reply "for the same reason that people collect stamps, or spend many hours of their time championing either AMD or Intel in forums not entirely dissimilar to this one

3. it's a guy thing - ok, I admit it, I'm a guy and I have been known to glance wistfully at gadgets, fast cars, and women I find attractive - also at pubs when on the way to somewhere I don't particularly want to go e.g. shopping (except for PC bits) - wait, before I get torn to pieces, my wife bought us this car while I was away on business - until then we'd agreed we didn't need any form of car

4. cars are built to go too fast these days - absolutely - if I'd owned this car at the age of 20 I wouldn't be here typing this guff today - now that I live in Japan my biggest question is, even if it had a snow-plough designed and fitted by Mr T, would it still rid the roads of the battalions of 18-wheelers in the 27km tailbacks?

5. some of these import cars are illegal because of emissions/safety - I'm a hypocrite because I drive one, but essentially I agree - certain countries such as canada and some north european states are doing far more than other countries to cut down on emissions - odd that it's called the Kyoto Protocol...

so, in keeping with many of the responses in this thread, I've gone wildly OT, but then it was more fun than finishing off my stuff for work tomorrow

however, I did answer the question

Man if I ever get married I want a wife that would buy me that kinda car ;D

How expensive is it to live in Japan ???