Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: body kit for car (way OT)

Re:body kit for car (way OT)

I don't needa larger vehicle because I have no use I don't have a family of my own (only 18).

I would put more into my computer but I dont need to, it works just fine the way it is. I would buy games but there are not too many that intrest me other then UT and foobillards ;D

Sports cars? None of that Japan stuff for me please... don't like rice, but I do like good German potatoes

http://www.afn.org/~afn57538/911

If you are really interested, the car is for sale (gotta restore my 356 and put a new roof on the house).

just wish skylines were legel here in Canada
    Can you even get one of the "dumbed-down" Skylines? I know of a few they make that are only around $32,000 brand new. Not exactly the fastest, but a Skyline non the less.

no you can't get a "dumbed-down" version because Canadain laws for cars SUCK!!! it must be 15+ years or older. but cars from europe are just fine cause they have strick laws. You can get a R33 R34 there for about 30 - 40k but I doubt you can have it imported. But if you lived in Japan for about a year or more and you could legally drive and bought the car you can have it sent there as "personal belonging" (something like that) but that;s going to cost 90 - 100k USD :'(

I know canada customs wont even allow some Lamborghini or Ferarri's > > >

[quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=8276;start=0#msg75043 date=1071023864]
    I'm going to get side tracked here, sorry about that. But I feel like getting this out.

Sports cars just don't do anything for me. They are totally impractical. They might be fast, but what good does it do if you're stuck in traffic anyway? There is speed limit everywhere, the highest I've seen is 70mph here in the States. I think most motorized vehicles can go that fast. You might say the hell with the speed limit, I'll drive as fast as I want to, but that will only result in tickets (as pointed out before) or accidents, sooner or later.

Sports cars are usually hard to get in and out of, and the seats get rather uncomfortable after a longer drive. And forget about carrying cargo.

So why would anyone want a sports car? Is it only because they look "cool" or they are a "chick magnet"? Or can you give me a better reason? ???

[/quote]

It's a man thing, I don't think you have a chance of ever getting it

Mentor

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=8276;start=#msg75113 date=1071105459]
    [/quote]

Would you please explain what exactly you meant by this comment?

Dunno. Obviously he's never met a lady who drives like my wife....

[quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=8276;start=0#msg75117 date=1071107350]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=8276;start=#msg75113 date=1071105459]
    [/quote]

Would you please explain what exactly you meant by this comment?
    [/quote]

hey hey, there was a smile there...

Fast looking cars is a guy thing, I don't get it so I must not be a guy...

[me=Lovechild]wonders that philosophers name was that came up with that theory.. bird fly, rocks don't fly - women don't fly either, thus all women are rocks.[/me]

Mentor

I don't know man. I don't believe that it's a "guy thing". A vehicle to me is just a tool to get you from point A to point B or to carry cargo or people, not a status symbol, something to show off.

Good Guru

[quote author=The Great Mojo Jojo link=board=14;threadid=8276;start=0#msg75056 date=1071034503]
    Compunuts - Hey got any pics of your car??? I wish I had a supra but there too expensive 40k for a 94 :'( (stock),[/quote]
    Yeah, I had it somewhere but don't know where now. If I find it, I will post it later.
    The only reason Supras are expensive is that they are not making those anymore. So if you want to stock it, you will have to find those who wants to sell it. I parked my car in my drive way and there are a lot of guys who asked me to sell it.

this kit is gonna cost about 2k 'cause it's being imported from Austria.
    That ain't so bad. Are you gonna do some under the hood too?

It does attract cops but as long as you know your rights your safe you'll just get a VI (Vehicle Inspection $20).
    Well, the thing is when you drive, they are very likely to spot you and watch your move. I've had my fair share of tickets when I was driving my Supra but not since I bought this new Sienna van (with little change in my driving habit).

So just watch your back carefully and drive slow. ;D