Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: body kit for car (way OT)

Hybrid View

body kit for car (way OT)

Hey guys i'm planning to buy a body kit for my mx-3 (blue) but i'm looking for people thoughts on this kit since it's gonna cost me a lot. So far all I have heard about this company is that they more HQ products and can take a beating right now your the only people i'm asking since i'm off to school right now, so any comments are appreciated

Michael

Good Guru

Re:body kit for car (way OT)

Yeah, they looks pretty nice. Yellow color would be even better for the sportage. ;D

I've done modding years ago and it's pretty expensive hobby. I still owns MKIII Supra Two tone Navy blue/Ocean Pearl that's just sitting on my driveway due to lack of time for me to take care of her.

How much are the body kits going around these days? Is it including two side panels, front and back bumpers and spoiler? Also the tail light kits as well? In the picture, the parking lights are original yellow. Will you be putting in clear ones as well?

Man, those looks nice. My nephew ( he is only a tad younger than me though ) is looking to mod his 03 Celica too.

Anyway, good luck with it. Modding your car seems to attract rather unusual amount of cops attention though.

Mentor

I'm going to get side tracked here, sorry about that. But I feel like getting this out.

Sports cars just don't do anything for me. They are totally impractical. They might be fast, but what good does it do if you're stuck in traffic anyway? There is speed limit everywhere, the highest I've seen is 70mph here in the States. I think most motorized vehicles can go that fast. You might say the hell with the speed limit, I'll drive as fast as I want to, but that will only result in tickets (as pointed out before) or accidents, sooner or later.

Sports cars are usually hard to get in and out of, and the seats get rather uncomfortable after a longer drive. And forget about carrying cargo.

So why would anyone want a sports car? Is it only because they look "cool" or they are a "chick magnet"? Or can you give me a better reason? ???

They are pretty, and if you are single, they can be enough to fill your needs.
    I have a '97 Mustang, and I love that car. Works great, even though it has 100+ mileage, looks good, and as long as I don't try to fit in too many people, it won't look like a clown car.

Compunuts - Hey got any pics of your car??? I wish I had a supra but there too expensive 40k for a 94 :'( (stock), this kit is gonna cost about 2k 'cause it's being imported from Austria. It does attract cops but as long as you know your rights your safe you'll just get a VI (Vehicle Inspection $20). Also aslong as I stay away from richmond i'll be fine ;D

cloverm - not all sport cars impractical. My MX is just fine it gets me where I need to go on our Highways the limit is 100 but people here do 120 - 130 which is fast enough for me, but I do admit I like to weave in and out sometimes but I still use my signal light and makre sure there is space.

I have no problem getting out i'm short so are most of my other firends so no problems ;D expect finding more room for when I pick up the girls from there weekend mall trip >

trickster - do you know how many saleen mustangs were made ???

[quote author=trickster link=board=14;threadid=8276;start=0#msg75046 date=1071024990]
    They are pretty, and if you are single, they can be enough to fill your needs.
    I have a '97 Mustang, and I love that car. Works great, even though it has 100+ mileage, looks good, and as long as I don't try to fit in too many people, it won't look like a clown car.
    [/quote]

ooo...i really like modern mustangs. but thats mainly the look i like. especially whatever the next big revision is gunna be, my friend chelsey had a picture of it on her computer..

I wish I had a supra but there too expensive 40k for a 94
    You should see how much people put into Acura NSX mods total.

the NSX is cool theres two of them here not too far from where I live, there kinda ugly stock IMO. I just wish skylines were legel here in Canada ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D tho you can get one if it's 15yrs old. so since last month R32s are legal so are Toyota TurenoAE86.

AE86 ugly but fun to drift, auto cross in ;D http://sprinter.qnix.com.au/images/sprinterrear.jpg

R32 extreamly fun to auto cross, drift, drag, full course ;D ;D ;D
    http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/.../skyline66.jpg

Kind Mastermind

Mod kits are fine, but I have to agree, somewhat, with Cloverm. Unless there is a better reason, I stick with larger vehicles (with four kids, well, you can't expect anything small). I have to admit that the vehicle designs from this site seem pretty interesting, if somewhat ugly. So, I would build one these designs simply because of the uniqueness and economy.

Cheers

id say put the money into a new computers and a shitpile of games or something