Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Has anyone seen this error before?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen this error before?

The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose.
    I am trying to install phpBB on a RH 8.0 box with mysql-3.23.52-3. I Googled a long time but came up with no answers, just people with the same prob as me. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Re:Has anyone seen this error before?

what did you choose under database type when you ran install.php ?

MySql 3.x is what I chose. I tried all the options and they all give me the same error. Maybe there is an error somewhere else?

did you try recompiling mysql?

is the mysql daemon running?
    (check with ps -aux | grep mysql)

Yeah I can add a new database from a command line and everything. I started and stopped mysql, httpd, and even rebooted the whole server last night. Still get the same error. I don't know woo much about PHP and it's not giving me a log. Anything else I should be looking for?

I've had it before...but I don't remember what was it.....Could it be that you don't have mysql-php.rpm (or php-mysql) ? If you don't then this myst be a case.....

Is your phpBB config.php setup properly? ie., if MySQL is located on the same server as phpBB use
    $dbhost = "localhost";. Also make sure you are using the correct $dbuname, $dbpass and $dbname.

elovkoff your the man!! That's all it was, php-mysql.rpm. That is pretty sucky that the mysql site said nothing of it. Thanks again.

why would mysql care about a module php is responsible for. you should be upset about your php being broken into little teenie bits.