Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What's Your Favorite Distro
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Distro

johnqpublic

What's Your Favorite Distro

For me it is SuSE then Libranet.

JimH

Re: What's Your Favorite Distro

RedHat here. ;D But I have nothing against the other distro's. When I upgrade my connection to DSL I will probably be buring cd's all the distro's. ;D

I used debian, when the kernel version was still 1.x. It was the first distro I ever installed.

Turbolinux 4.0, Corel, and Caldera 2.3 I have also installed and played with before from cd's I got at comdex.

johnqpublic

Yea I got Redhat7.1 and it is a real cool flavor of Linux.You should give Libranet a try sometime.

seamonkey

mandrake. tends to give me less heartburn than other distros.

For me it is SuSE then Libranet.

Now that I have broadened my horizon as far as distro's go, hands down it is Progeny Debian. Unbelievable in just about every aspect! Ought to give it a try! Trust me!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Now that I have broadened my horizon as far as distro's go, hands down it is Progeny Debian. Unbelievable in just about every aspect! Ought to give it a try! Trust me!

Aragorn
    I would if the install did not freeze up.Cannot figure out why it does it.

Sekihmet

Got Slack?

Welcome Sekihmet! What ver of Slack do you have? Have you tried to recompile a kernel in slack? Was it successful? If so, how did you do it?!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Welcome aboard Sekihmet!I have Slack 8 and likewize would like to know about the kernel thing also

cabu1966

SuSE
    Redhat
    Currently running LFS system w/ no intentions of going back to a standard distro ;D