Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Kernel compiling

Thread: Kernel compiling

Kernel compiling

???Need help compiling kernel 2.6test11. I've tried it on a couple different machines, running Redhat 9 on both. Only menuconfig works (not experienced enough to figure out why xconfig wouldnt run, then further in the process make bzimage didnt work, oh! before that I got a warning that make dep is not necessary. Been following the PET as closely as I can without it working. Is there anything else like the PET, Somewhere????

Re:Kernel compiling

This is what I do:

make menuconfig
    make dep
    make clean
    make bzImage
    make modules
    make modules_install
    cp /usr/src/linux-x.x.xx/arch/i386/bzImage /boot/vmlinux-x.x.xx
    cp /usr/src/linux-x.x.xx/System.map /boot/System.map-x.x.xx
    ln -s /boot/System.map-x.x.xx /boot/System.map

then edit your LILO or GRUB and add another section to point to /boot/vmlinux-x.x.xx
    run 'lilo' for LILO
    reboot

One thing I see a lot of people forgetting to add in the kernel conf is Loadable Module Support for the kernel (2nd menu in menuconfig).

hello,
    redhat 9 is not kernel 2.6 ready, to make it ready have alooky here:
    http://www.fearthecow.net/index.pl?s...mp;page=kernel
    and here:
    http://thomer.com/linux/migrate-to-2.6.html

when i get a chance i will update the PET, or make a new one.
    the thomer link is what i used, though i am not using the 2.6 kernel at the moment.

Speaking of issues with distros, has anyone heard of any others? Probably after 2 days of compiling I can leave a comment for the PPC 2.6test11 on Debian, but I think I'll stick with 2.4.23 until that one snowy day.

;DThanks guys. got what I needed.