Thread: Its time to ban SCO's letters...

Its time to ban SCO's letters...

You see, the reason these SCO letters are even gunna have any effect, is they keep pumping them out into the media. the media makes them spread like wild fire.

Maybe if we work together, as a community, we can convince at least some of the news websites editors to not post the SCO letters..or at least cut back on advertising them on here, or something..the less people that actually read their bullshit, the better.

imean honastly..do we really need to spread their BS..however i think most people here know that SCO is full of it..at least thats how it seems to me.

Re:Its time to ban SCO's letters...

[quote author=TeRG link=board=13;threadid=8252;start=0#msg74835 date=1070672457]
    You see, the reason these SCO letters are even gunna have any effect, is they keep pumping them out into the media. the media makes them spread like wild fire.

Maybe if we work together, as a community, we can convince at least some of the news websites editors to not post the SCO letters..or at least cut back on advertising them on here, or something..the less people that actually read their bullshit, the better.

imean honastly..do we really need to spread their BS..however i think most people here know that SCO is full of it..at least thats how it seems to me.
    [/quote]

Oh but haven't you heard? They've already been shut up! Today the judge issued an order for them to shit or get off the pot. They have 30 days to produce evidence of offending code, or else the case has a good chance of being dropped.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=13;threadid=8252;start=0#msg74842 date=1070690287]
    [quote author=TeRG link=board=13;threadid=8252;start=0#msg74835 date=1070672457]

[/quote]

Oh but haven't you heard? They've already been shut up! Today the judge issued an order for them to shit or get off the pot. They have 30 days to produce evidence of offending code, or else the case has a good chance of being dropped.
    [/quote]

that i didnt hear.

lets hope for the best, eh?

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=13;threadid=8252;start=0#msg74842 date=1070690287]

[/quote]

groovy!

Do you have a link to a source?

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

I say, give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

[quote author=cybergal link=board=13;threadid=8252;start=0#msg74928 date=1070833628]
    I say, give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.
    [/quote]

your right, but i think they will try to bring linux down with them -- a thing of which i cannot allow.

<3 Linux

[quote author=cga link=board=13;threadid=8252;start=0#msg74859 date=1070725904]
    Do you have a link to a source?
    [/quote]

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?s...=88&tid=99

There's the /. story. Basically it links to groklaw. I don't think there has been any major press coverage of it yet.

wow..you beat me too it..i found this link, as a second source i guess now..

http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...=16&fpid=0