Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Friendship with women! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friendship with women!

Re:Friendship with women!

TeRG, I know you where joking, that's why I came back with the reply!
    Joking also, bud!

Plus she know's how I feel, it's the husband!
    But it doesn't bother her any, so why should it bother me!
    Enough said!

[quote author=rwtoften link=board=14;threadid=8245;start=0#msg74950 date=1070852349]
    TeRG, I know you where joking, that's why I came back with the reply!
    Joking also, bud!

Plus she know's how I feel, it's the husband!
    But it doesn't bother her any, so why should it bother me!
    Enough said!
    [/quote]

kk, hope i helped some

Did wonders bud, just had to get off my chest!
    venting is all! life goes on!

Kind Mastermind

Just thought that I would weigh in a bit.

Sometimes there is insecurity on the man's part, but sometimes it has more to do with how he percieves you. I have had to step in a few times when someone who should have known better started acting weird toward my wife (basically stalking her, in a manner of speaking). Do I trust my wife? More than anyone else I know. Do I get jealous? Not often. Had the individual(s) involved acted less 'creepy', I wouldn't have said a thing. Sometimes it is best to handle things before they get messy.

I find it hard having female friends simply because I work so much. The long hours in close proximity to relatively attractive, usually single women makes things emotionally messy. It gets my wife jealous, so I make sure that my relationships are on the up and up. So, I rarely hang out with my female friends after work. If I do, it is usually with my wife and sometimes others. I also keep the lines of communications very open with my wife. If she thinks that I am being open, she will think that I am being honest (which I am, of course). This helps to get rid of her fears.

Anyway, don't take it personal. It will blow over with time and you never know, you might just become close friends with her husband.

Cheers

[quote author=journeys1 link=board=14;threadid=8245;start=0#msg74944 date=1070849767]
    And you could be right about needing her to fill a void in my life from my significant other! But I don't think that's what it is, cause where best-friends and lovers.
    [/quote]

Its possible but what I meant is that if she feels a desire to spend time with you too or whatever the case may be it may make her husband feel inadequate. He may think

"Why does she need to spend time with another guy? Aren't I enough?" which probably goes with the insecurity thing if there is any on his part.

and my parents always told me like when I wanted to drive places "its not that we don't trust you, we don't trust the other people."

Its not personal so I hope this man doesn't mean it personal to you that he's not trusting your intentions. I mean if he knows you realy well, then it maybe. But perhaps he's just thinking of you as some other guy who may be trying to mooch on his wife. He may not know or accept the truth.

Venting is good! Glad you got some out. :^)

[quote author=journeys1 link=board=14;threadid=8245;start=0#msg74954 date=1070854872]
    Did wonders bud, just had to get off my chest!
    venting is all! life goes on!
    [/quote]

Good. If you ever need to vent about me, feel free to catch me on messenger, irc, or private message..thats what im here for (that goes for everybody on the forum) ... i like to help in any way i can.

My intention about chatting was only to find out about how her christmas was, just interested in how it went, nothing more! As for daily chat, no!
    As for seeing her outside work no! I can wait till we return after the holidays to find out no big deal! The thing was that her husband was pissed from day one! We weren't even friends then!
    And as for becoming friends with the husband not a chance, don't like people that are possessive!

People are all ways quick to assume or point the finger.

My personal experience is that friendship with women is possible only for a limited time.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=8245;start=0#msg75476 date=1071710153]
    My personal experience is that friendship with women is possible only for a limited time.
    [/quote]

I disagree. Freindship with women is only possible for a limited time if you or she really has something else in mind. I have many firends who are girls (some of my best friends) and since we truely don't want to hook up, our friendship has lasted years and will probably last a lifetime.

Now, dealing with jealous husbands is a very tough issue. My only advice is to try to make an effort to befriend him as well, though that is also tough, because if you hang out with her and him and he sees what a great rapport you have with his wife, you are sunk.

You'r ein a pickle me friend, but we've all been there.