Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friendship with women!

Re:Friendship with women!

Yea, well I, think her husband had a problem from the start, she didn't see the conflict but, I did. And the friendship grew and his jealousy grew right along with it! If I wasn't married he would have his hands full, she's a great lady and he should treat her with more respect! So I backed off, and well see what happens over the next week before Christmas holidays! Since I don't see her outside of work.

[quote author=rwtoften link=board=14;threadid=8245;start=0#msg74849 date=1070695799]
    Yea, well I, think her husband had a problem from the start, she didn't see the conflict but, I did. And the friendship grew and his jealousy grew right along with it! If I wasn't married he would have his hands full, she's a great lady and he should treat her with more respect! So I backed off, and well see what happens over the next week before Christmas holidays! Since I don't see her outside of work.
    [/quote]

i hope everything works out for you. otherwise, did you try talking to him, and staying peacefull, even if he flips out on you? try reason with him that you arn't interested in her love, but her friendship. explain to him how your pants will stay on. :P (sorry, i couldnt resist saying that) but seriously, the only way you are gunna solve this is resolve it with him...thatis if you really honer your friendship with her. hell, you might even make friends with him in the end. anything could happen.

Well Aristotle says that we can never have a friendship with out having it with out wanting something in return. I tend to agree with him. Whether conciouse or subconcious.

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=8245;start=0#msg74852 date=1070707289]
    Well Aristotle says that we can never have a friendship with out having it with out wanting something in return. I tend to agree with him. Whether conciouse or subconcious.
    [/quote]
    That is true, but he never said that wanting had to be a romantic relation.
    It can be something as simple as basking in that other person's radiance (I think that is the term, where being with a person that has characteristics you consider admirable, makes you feel good)

I think just lay low for awhile, see what happens as for taking her panties off, no way TeRG no matter how much we both want that! (her and I)lol

[quote author=rwtoften link=board=14;threadid=8245;start=0#msg74892 date=1070777549]
    I think just lay low for awhile, see what happens as for taking her panties off, no way TeRG no matter how much we both want that! (her and I)lol
    [/quote]

So the truth comes out! No matter...I've been in the same kind of situation many times. Sometimes it works to your advantage, sometimes not.

So the truth comes out! No matter...I've been in the same kind of situation many times. Sometimes it works to your advantage, sometimes not.

No the truth is the I enjoy her company, she's 5yrs older than myself and isn't all that pretty. At least in my eyes, though her husband might argue that point, I was just bringing up point that TeRG made about getting into her pants!(making joke of it). My wife is alot pretty than she will ever be in the physical part!

This issue seems to be a common one... from both ends. Men and women feel some sort of need to keep their significant other from corresponding with others of the opposite sex. Why , I'm not sure.

Maybe sometimes it is that our significant other just does not trust the intentions of the other person. Its maybe no that personal; they are just protective.

It may be a self-esteem issue. That needing to spend time with another male or female means that they, as your significant other, are somehow not fulfilling something.

I think you are handling the situation well. I wish you luck with it, since I can't offer much advice. Its sad that sometimes there may be no way to work around a protective or possessive partner. But, I guess sometimes, you might as well try.

and to answer the question before... yes, I think it is possible.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personality has a great affect on the appearance of another person too. I know some girls who have men crawling all over them. But they are very nasty people, and I don't think they are pretty at all because of it. Then, there are others where the opposite is true. It is the same for men.

FaeStars, you're right about the opposite sex not trusting! But who is it their not trusting their mate? or like you mentioned my intention.( which is strictly friendship not sex)! But like u said he doesn't see it that way at all!
    And you could be right about needing her to fill a void in my life from my significant other! But I don't think that's what it is, cause where best-friends and lovers. What I think it is, just enjoy her company cause she has a good heart! Plain and simple as that! What I would like is friendship and that's what I'm giving in return. I believe that is what I have if didn't mess it up friday, hopefully wasn't to big of a jerk! Hopefully no harm done!
    Thanks for the opinions and advice people, much appreciated!

very well said, FaeStars.

and rwtoften, i was only joking about the pants coming off.

and if you explain to her exactly how you feel, hopefully you wouldnt have harmed her. and go to her hubby aswell if it takes that, explain to him that you just want a friendship, that you can already get sex elsewhere (sometimes ive found that being blunt like that gets the message accross, though might piss him off initially)