Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Start Office 7 free

Thread: Start Office 7 free

Hybrid View

Re:Start Office 7 free

cool, I found this link Free StarOffice, sorta

OOo is good but doesn start office have some stuff that oo doesnt have ???

[quote author=The Great Mojo Jojo link=board=14;threadid=8239;start=0#msg74733 date=1070489298]
    OOo is good but doesn start office have some stuff that oo doesnt have ???
    [/quote]

Ummm, I think it has some proprietary font stuff that OOo doesn't have, as well as the Adabase database stuff (though rumour has it that OOo has similar features...they're just not apparent). Sorry...that's not much of an answer, but I've started typing and I'll be damned if I'm gonna stop now!

As far as feature sets go, I'm pretty sure they're virtually identical.

Mentor

I registered and downloaded it, just out of curiosity.
    StarOffice has prettier icons, and more clipart. I don't really know how and what the adabas database can be used for.
    Since I complied OpenOffice myself, it runs faster than StarOffice.

Other than that I haven't noticed any difference. I don't think StarOffice offers enough value over OpenOffice to be worth dishing out the $80. Maybe the manual that you get as a PDF file, I don't know ...

I didn't what to star another thread

Well anyways Solaris 9 (8 ???) are free for both sparc and x86 and you can get them here http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/get.html

For prettier icons in OOo you can use Ximians edition of OO or use the nifty KDE tools from kde-look.org to change them.

StarOffice in my book rates lower than OOo, as I can only get 7.0 with danish spell checking (which I so badly need). However my school hands out that for the price of the CD.. thank you very much SUN, you guys rock - good luck with 100 million desktop deployment in China and again thank you for using GNOME as the desktop of choice