Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Will SCO effect BSD?

Thread: Will SCO effect BSD?

Will SCO effect BSD?

keep in mind, this is hypethetically if they win...which i seriously doubt will happen.

please explain your answer

(i think it will have an inderect effect....might end some software BSD uses, like apache.)

Re:Will SCO effect BSD?

They are really not affiliated with BSD, and I don't think starting a law suit against the University would be a good idea.

no, but if the GPL is proven defective..the BSD license might be next.

If they could prove that linux has UNIX code in it, there's a pretty good chance they'd be able to prove that UNIX has UNIX code in it!

The Berkley University is famous for what?

I think if SCO makes a move towards BSD they will get a lawyer beating they won't forget easily.

Oh and didn't BSD win against AT&T granting them immunity towards such cases - or at least one hell of a defence.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=13;threadid=8198;start=0#msg74531 date=1069927810]
    The Berkley University is famous for what?
    [/quote]

An awsome CS and Engineering dept, original creaters of our modern email system (sendmail and clones) and the freeing of BSD Unix.

I think if SCO makes a move towards BSD they will get a lawyer beating they won't forget easily.
    I totally agree.

Oh and didn't BSD win against AT&T granting them immunity towards such cases - or at least one hell of a defence.
    Yes. There was a decision to release the BSD 4.4 Lite source code under the BSD license. Either in settlement or in court. Either way, Sco couldn't hold up in court. If I create the lock, and then give you permission to redistribute and own lock-lite and then give the lock to mr-crazy corp., mr-crazy corp. can't undo what I did when I owned it. It was mine and I did what I wanted with it.

what im saying is, though BSD itself might not be directly affected..what about other open source software that BSD uses..its not easy to find replacements for some of those programs that actually work worth a shit