Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I cant decide what to do. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I cant decide what to do.

Re:I cant decide what to do.

It's called Social Engineering. Even if he didn't know you used it, you just told him you were. :P

Mentor

That athlon is one sweet setup. I have the 8rda+ mobo, the step down from the 8rda3+ and it flies with an 1800+ on it.
    I have 2 recomendations though. Look at getting an Nvidia gfx card. With an Nforce 2 mobo, you will get better performance in Linux with an Nvidia card. Also look at the Western Digital Special Edition HD's. My flat mates 120gb SE is awesome. They are 7200RPM but also have an 8MB cache AND a 3 year warranty. Well worth the extra $10-$20
    Just my thoughts
    CP

[quote author=CP link=board=14;threadid=8183;start=0#msg74473 date=1069746799]
    That athlon is one sweet setup. I have the 8rda+ mobo, the step down from the 8rda3+ and it flies with an 1800+ on it.
    I have 2 recomendations though. Look at getting an Nvidia gfx card. With an Nforce 2 mobo, you will get better performance in Linux with an Nvidia card. Also look at the Western Digital Special Edition HD's. My flat mates 120gb SE is awesome. They are 7200RPM but also have an 8MB cache AND a 3 year warranty. Well worth the extra $10-$20
    Just my thoughts
    CP
    [/quote]

nvidia card..maybe...do you have any recommendations for ~ $200?

also ive had bad experiances with WD, though my 80GB SE seems to work fine..so we'll see.

You can grab a NVidia FX5700 Ultra for around $200.

adding ram to one prolly would not be hard, imacs aren't. Taking apart an ibook or replacing the harddrive in a imac is a bit more difficult.

I like macs, and gentoo ppc is good, with the emac you get a monitor/keyboard/one button mouse, with newegg you dont, but you are 200 dollars cheaper.

If you are just gonna use linux then go for the x86, binaries are made for x86 not ppc, and that matters for things like flash plugin or whatever.

ill look into the nvida cards..from what ive seen on benchmarks, the ATI ones are faster. anybody have any actual data to show?