Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

So the site got some press on NF.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So the site got some press on NF....

Eh, its all good....

Associate
    I saw the newsforge article and it was very nice. I love this site precisely for its friendliness and the lack of causticness and so on that ALWAYS seems to develop. I held my breath when I saw some of the political posts and hoped for the best and everything was fine it seemed.

I also kept my trap shut when I saw the little cartoon guy in the logo even though I was sure that it could be offensive to some. BUT since it has come up, I would urge you to consider changing it. The cartoon can be seen to play to certain stereotypes that some find offensive even though I know that no offense was intended.

My vote, for what it's worth, would be to change it. I don't see any down side to the change especially since the site is getting so much attention - and since it is such a great place.

O.F.

Advisor
    why don't people realize that being PC to an extreme does nothing but create problems and hatred?

one more time, i have to say, keep the logo, changing it because a couple vocal people dislike it would be a disgrace to what this site stands for AFAICT

I guess I just don't see why it could be offensive. Its just a silly cartoon, really.

Maybe you could just shrink the d00d down so you can use the whole image, that way the details won't be so prevalent. Just an idea.
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Re: So the site got some press on NF....

Here, I've create a PC mascot that everyone can love

Amazing isn't it? You see what happens when we are so hell bent on being politically correct drones? Creativity goes down the friggin drain!! Now MC, if you want you can code the site to use that image as a logo for all people who have the PC flag set in their profile. Problem solved.

Mentor

ZennouRyuu, Hey dude, why you picking on us thin people? Just cause I'm a bit under the normal weight-wise you don't have to post derogatory pictures.

And the stick-dude doesn't look happy, how about a smile, eh?

Advisor
    lmao at the stick figure

you make the point perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by ZennouRyuu";p="3758
    Here, I've create a PC mascot that everyone can love

Amazing isn't it? You see what happens when we are so hell bent on being politically correct drones? Creativity goes down the friggin drain!! Now MC, if you want you can code the site to use that image as a logo for all people who have the PC flag set in their profile. Problem solved.
    Except that Like some of the others.... I take offense to that. I have been called stick boy, chicken legs and bean poll all my life (weighing in at #130 and 6' 0" tall....)

In the spirit of the foo, I give you, the PC Foo Family!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZennouRyuu";p="3782
    In the spirit of the foo, I give you, the PC Foo Family!!!!!

Wow, your right Zen, I don't take offense at that. Good work! Your mastery of artistic expression...*sniff, brings tears of joy to my eyes.
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7