Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

So the site got some press on NF....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the site got some press on NF....

So the site got some press on NF....

So, the site got some press on Newsforge.

So far most of the comments there are about the logo.....

I'll let you read....
    http://internet.newsforge.com/intern...l?tid=90&tid=2

Wow, first Tinyminds and now the Foo. You are swiftly becoming an online celebrity Mark.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Associate

Re: So the site got some press on NF....

Nice I didn't know about the calendar, cool stuff.
    Some people might be really offended by the logo though... I think the picture is funny, but the "I Wish..." guy doesn't seem to like it at all. Maybe a point of attention.
    Sam

Mark... I've known you for a little while now and I know you didn't mean any harm by it; but it appears the cartoon part of the logo may draw more negative attention than anything else. The lettering part of it is very cool though. Where did the Wisdom, Power, Linux image come from? Possibly you could use something like that instead (if copyrights aren't involved, that is... ).

Anyway; if this is your 15 minutes of fame, I think you'd better make it a good one .
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by snct";p="3647
    Mark... I've known you for a little while now and I know you didn't mean any harm by it; but it appears the cartoon part of the logo may draw more negative attention than anything else. The lettering part of it is very cool though. Where did the Wisdom, Power, Linux image come from? Possibly you could use something like that instead (if copyrights aren't involved, that is... ).

Anyway; if this is your 15 minutes of fame, I think you'd better make it a good one .
    I made the WPL image myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mcangeli";p="3658
    Quote Originally Posted by snct";p="3647

I made the WPL image myself.
    Well that one gets my vote :mrgreen: .

It's very cool, and PC as well. But hey... What do I know :P ?
    Steve

The spacer image?

Sorry, I fixed it. How do you post images here? I tried
    Code:
     [image]
    and I tried
    Code:
     [img]
    Are inline images disabled?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by snct";p="3662
    Sorry, I fixed it. How do you post images here? I tried
    Code:
     [image]
    and I tried
    Code:
     [img]
    Are inline images disabled?
    No, it has to but right up to it.

Code:
    [img]http://prodtn.cafepress.com/6/2727146_F_tn.jpg[/img]
    It also helps if you link to an image and not a webpage...

Quote Originally Posted by mcangeli";p="3664
    It also helps if you link to an image and not a webpage...
    Yeah... If you check the page, I did originally try to link the image, but CP did some tricks to the page, and the 'spacer.gif' was a misnomer (not copy-able) :roll: .
    Steve