Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Windows folders in Linux over network

Thread: Windows folders in Linux over network

Windows folders in Linux over network

Sorry to ask for this here, but I've been looking all day for a howto and can't find one. I have all my Mp3's on my windows machine and want to use them on my linux box. My two computers are hooked up via a sonicwall router. I've been trying to figure out how to share the windows folders through windows using Suse 9.0. I've been looking at Samba, but it looks like Samba is for a windows machine to connect to a linux box, right? I'd also like to use my printer, which is on my windoze box on my linux box. Can anyone point me to good tutorial or howto to this? Thanks.

Re:Windows folders in Linux over network

Hi,

Samba is an open source implementation of the SMB "protocol", used by Windows to share files. If you have a share on a Windows machine, you can open it using a properly configured linux machine.

Check the Samba How-To here.

You might want ot check http://smb4k.berlios.de/ , to have a GUI for the file browsing.