Thread: Best Client Quotes

Hybrid View

Mentor

Re:Best Client Quotes

Oh man, I have to deal with that now on my side contracts. People really do think web design and database driven web apps are things you can whip up in an hour and have just as functional as all of google.

here's one:

this guy wants me to make a website for his company, right? so i started putting together some classic navbar stuff, one the side, and put a news scroller on the other side..talomg a combination of two websites ive been working on in the past. made a cool looking company site. but he wants it to say "we do your packaging creativly" so he starts telling me about how he thinks it would be cool to have like a box opening up and all the links comming out of it. i told him that would take too long, and would be most likely murder on people's connections, aswell as confusing the hell out of them.

im still supposed to design a website, and i only still have the job because he is my father..he is paying me $100 for it though...

Good Guru

[quote author=TeRG link=board=17;threadid=8157;start=0#msg74609 date=1070257736]
    so he starts telling me about how he thinks it would be cool to have like a box opening up and all the links comming out of it. i told him that would take too long, and would be most likely murder on people's connections, aswell as confusing the hell out of them.
    [/quote]
    I don't know about the size of the file but ....

May be you can do a GIF file with mapping features. Do a GIF file that's how he wanted. Take the last picture and make it clickable on the map ( I forgot what's that called ). Image Map or something?

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=17;threadid=8157;start=0#msg74615 date=1070264048]
    [quote author=TeRG link=board=17;threadid=8157;start=0#msg74609 date=1070257736]
    so he starts telling me about how he thinks it would be cool to have like a box opening up and all the links comming out of it. i told him that would take too long, and would be most likely murder on people's connections, aswell as confusing the hell out of them.
    [/quote]
    I don't know about the size of the file but ....

May be you can do a GIF file with mapping features. Do a GIF file that's how he wanted. Take the last picture and make it clickable on the map ( I forgot what's that called ). Image Map or something?
    [/quote]

thats one of a few ways i thought i could do it. though it would still be a pain in the ass, and probobly an eye sore unless i did it just right.

Perhaps just a skeleton box made in flash? If you use vectors instead of bitmaps, it should not be too big.

HTH