Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outsiders

Hybrid View

Outsiders

I see Arnold is taking over the governorship in California. I didn't know you could be a foreigner and run for high public office in the USA.

I guess next the USA will let foreigners run for president.

Amazing how we easily sell out.

Re:Outsiders

How many years has Arnold been living and working in the US? Is he a foreigner for life?

Anyone with citizenship in the US can hold any government position except President. You have to be born in the US to be president.

Good Guru

[quote author=GhostDawg link=board=14;threadid=8141;start=0#msg74043 date=1069124989]
    [/quote]

I dont see it as that at all. He wanted to run, people said great, youre in. If anyone could have sold out (which I dont see anyone has done) would be the electors.

[quote author=vvx link=board=14;threadid=8141;start=0#msg74044 date=1069125983]
    How many years has Arnold been living and working in the US? Is he a foreigner for life?
    [/quote]
    Yep @ foreigner for life. Was he born in this country?

He got money, his wife come's from a money & political family.

Just a matter of time before someone like GWB change the presidency law, that will let anybody with clout run for president.

Some political offices should only be ran by natural born citizens...even though alot of them are crooked.

[quote author=GhostDawg link=board=14;threadid=8141;start=0#msg74050 date=1069127620]

Some political offices should only be ran by natural born citizens...even though alot of them are crooked.

[/quote]

Now I would be interested to hear the logic on which you base this statement.

The man owes his fortune, fame, and family to the life given to him by America. Looking at his platform, it's quite socially-oriented (surprising for a Republican, but who am I to complain). Looks to me like he's trying to give back to the community that gave him so much. He's already stood up to Bush on the environmental issue, and it looks like he's set to do California a lot of good.

To me, this seems like a damn good man for the job. Are you saying you'd rather have some shit up on the throne who couldn't govern his way out of a paper bag, but was born in California?

[quote author=GhostDawg link=board=14;threadid=8141;start=0#msg74043 date=1069124989]
    [/quote]

How is it we are selling out? Obviously the citizens of California felt that Arnold had good creditablity. I mean if there were a lot of people in the state that felt the way you did they woudl have gone and voted against Arnold.

Though I would hope they had some reasons that were related more to politics than simply the opinion that foreigners should not be able to hold office.

Yep @ foreigner for life. Was he born in this country?

He got money, his wife come's from a money & political family.
    He has money, yes. His wife comes from money and a political family... this I am not sure of. I don't know but I will take your word on it.

Money allows for a better campaign... but there aren't people at the poles saying 'check Arnold and we'll give you cash' so I don't see how it exactly matters. But maybe it does?

Political family from his wife side maybe means he has some experience or at least exposure in the field. Experience/exposure is good. You gotta know about something to do something.

Just a matter of time before someone like GWB change the presidency law, that will let anybody with clout run for president.

I do not think just because someone is born in the country they should be considered more qualified for the position. I would be far more comfortable with a man from say Ireland, who has lived in the States 20 years, has citizenship, knows a great deal about politics and is good at handling them running the country. Especially if his opponent is some numb-skull looking to just gain some power and title and has really no idea what to do with it. Even if that man was say the 10th generation born in Ohio.

Can I ask how simply being born in this country makes you more qualified than someone who is a citizen but isn't born? If say you have all the same background and the like...

And would you be opposed to a person whose parents had immigrated here from Hong Kong but the person was born in the States taking political office?

Just curious... I'm not quite seeing where you get the foundation for your arguments.

That's just my opinion. I feel some offices should be held by natural born citizens. At least it's a law that the presidency can only be held by one.

I'm not saying others are not qualified, but that's just how I feel about it. This country is already being taken over in other ways by foreigners, and I believe it's because this country is too money hungry ($$$ In God We Trust - $$$)!

Just have to remember also that this country was built upon lies, thievery and deceit .

I hope not to offend anyone, but just my opinion.

An opinion is an opinion, so I am not offended since it is not an opinion about me. but I still do not understand it.

I am tempted to say that through out history we have been governed by foreigners. The Revoultionary War was foreigners fighting their fellow foreigners. Civil you could say was natives fighting natives... but somewhere along their bloodline there were foreigners.

But then I think... what do I mean by that? Truth is, I'm not sure. It just came to mind. maybe I'll think of something tomorrow....

Perhaps it is just an image to be made?

"The United States run by a person born of the United States".

I must say that statement makes sense. Though I would hope the person was qualified, as I said before.

Money is the basis of society it seems... we can't change that, sadly. At least not any time soon, it'll take years to change. It has its pros and cons, as all things do. I think society has far worse things to deal with though.

[quote author=GhostDawg link=board=14;threadid=8141;start=#msg74055 date=1069134444]
    Just have to remember also that this country was built upon lies, thievery and deceit .

I hope not to offend anyone, but just my opinion.

[/quote]
    :
    YOU just have to remember THIS country was built on the back of foreigners.
    Last I remember, the natives didn't had blonde or red hair or blue eyes.