Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Outsiders - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Outsiders

Re:Outsiders

A question for ye...

If I remember correctly... if you are born in the United States you are a citizen, correct? Is the US the only country in which that is true? Since, as said, children born of US citizens in European countries are not citizens of those countries but of the US...

And isn't it also children born in US outposts are citizens of the US? I'm not sure... just little tidbits I'd heard at one time or another.

Good Guru

[quote author=FaeStars link=board=14;threadid=8141;start=30#msg74310 date=1069467889]
    if you are born in the United States you are a citizen, correct?[/quote]
    Yes, that's correct.

I have a few friends who are in US with business visa and their children were born in the US, thus, they ( the children ) are US citizens by birth and are eligible to run as Presidents.

Is the US the only country in which that is true?
    No. There are others with similar provisions.

Since, as said, children born of US citizens in European countries are not citizens of those countries but of the US...
    Many choose NOT to becomes citizens of European countries. One of my aunt was working in Hong Kong ( when UK was its colonial power ) and had two children there. All the family members are Citizens of UK ( they hold UK passport ).

And isn't it also children born in US outposts are citizens of the US?
    If they are children of US citizens, YES. Not only outposts but anywhere as long as the parents are citizens.

Thanks muchly! But I was wondering... about the last bit if the parents are not citizens and say some people get taken aboard a US Naval ship and such... I read somewhere if a child is born in that situation they are also citizens. but maybe that was just if you were with the US waters or whatever... not sure... just pulling up old old trivial knowledge from my brain. :P Thanks for answering my questions.