Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: driver installation issues...

Re:driver installation issues...

Here are the results of those commands:

gcc -v

Reading specs from /usr//bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/3.3.1/specs
    Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --with-slibdir=/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking --enable-long-long --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-languages=c,c++,ada,f77,objc,java,pascal --host=i586-mandrake-linux-gnu --with-system-zlib
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk)

uname -a

Linux localhost 2.4.22-10mdk #1 Thu Sep 18 12:30:58 CEST 2003 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux

well - i was able to find a mswindows computer and get the freaking driver extracted - and then i was able to compile it using the gmake LINUXVER=2.4.22 command - and i have no idea if it works or not because i don't have this card.

i have seen that there are issues with gcc 3.3 and the kernel - buti doubt that is the issue here. did you run it with the above command ?

Yeah, I tried it with both "gmake LINUXVER=2.4.22" and just "gmake", both with the same results.

I'm definitely sure that's why the driver didn't work now... I put that HomePNA 2.0 card in a older secondary system of mine, and installed Red Hat 7.0 on it. Went through the installation instructions, and everything went through smoothly. The drivers are now installed, and the card is working properly. (only problem is that I don't know how to configure Red Hat 7.0 to get internet access from the XP system now... The network does seem to be set up right, though, because I can successfully ping the XP machine and everything...)

Keep in mind that RH7 has an older kernel, and an older version of GCC. Those are probably compatible with your card.

Oh, nevermind. I just saw it did work on RH9.

Actually, it's a different card that is finally working now that I switched to RH9. This one still wouldn't work, but it's success in RH7 confirmed my guess that it had already been partially compiled on the older version of gcc. Either way, I have internet access in Linux on my main computer, so I'm happy... ;D