Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What is the best graphing calculator??

Thread: What is the best graphing calculator??

Hybrid View

What is the best graphing calculator??

Hey guys.

What would be the best graphing calculator that could do everything?? What i mean by everything is from basic algebra to calculus 3 and be on. From General Chemistry 1 to Organic Chemistry 2 and be on. From Basic Physics to Quantum Physics, String theory and be on.

Would it be a TI-83 Silver?? Well christmas is coming up soon and if i have the money i'm going to buy one. I'm starting off with the basic math since September and i have to continue until Calculus 3 or higher. My field is not math but my field or major is offered by the mathematics department. Please reply back. Thanks guys.

Re:What is the best graphing calculator??

I have a TI-83 and a TI-89, personally I love them both but the TI-89 has a neat function that enables it to set up stuff in a visually consistant manner.

1/2=0.5 fx. looks like:

- = 0.5

very useful for avoiding brain farts.

Thanks Lovechild.

Well the one i really want is TI-83 Silver. I'm pretty sure it could do everything and that's the one i want. I just wanted your opions. I called up Staples superstore a few days ago and they told me the best one and the one that could do everything is TI-83 Silver. I just thought i ask to get your guys opions and that's it. Thanks again.

Well it depends on how advanced you get in each subject. I have a TI-83, and for me it was pretty handy up to my second year. After that I began to use Octave quite frequently ( http://www.octave.org/ ... Matlab's free equivalent (for the most part)). I now seldom bring out my TI-83 except for simple calculations or one-line equations.

Then again, if you're writing exams or doing work away from a computer then it's a different story. Myself I'd go with the TI-89. Pretty decent piece of hardware from what I've seen.