Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Matrix Revolutions

Re:The Matrix Revolutions

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=14;threadid=8075;start=0#msg73487 date=1068144704]
    I thought it was great. I find it humorous when certain things happen to main characters that the die hards don't prefer/like/want it gets ranted as a crap movie. I took it for what it was and loved it.
    [/quote]

No it wasn't that. I agree with their decisions on the main characters. In the first one, I thought the best parts of the movie were when they were actually IN the matrix or in the simulator. The second one really wow'd me with the fight scenes, starting with the castle and lasting all the way through the freeway. Then I get to this one, and while Zion's last stand was pretty cool (hence the generous rating...the effects really were well done), they COMPLETELY robbed me of Matrix time! Burntash is right...there's like 15 minutes of Matrix time in this one, and the only fight scene that isn't lame lasts a good 2 minutes.

Oh and the philosophical bullshit and sappy love-story-subplot are flowing freely in this one. > > >

I'm in the minority.

Of the 3 movies, I thought

The Matrix was good.
    Reloaded sucked total ass.
    Revolutions was better than even The Matrix

If you haven't seen it, you shouldn't be reading this thread, and should make your own mind up on whether it's good or bad. If you have seen it, you've got your own opinions that likely contradict my own as I've only talked with like 2 people who thought it was good.

Good Guru

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=14;threadid=8075;start=0#msg73504 date=1068168279]
    [quote author=Slave Copy link=board=14;threadid=8075;start=0#msg73487 date=1068144704]
    Burntash is right...there's like 15 minutes of Matrix time in this one, and the only fight scene that isn't lame lasts a good 2 minutes.

Oh and the philosophical bullshit and sappy love-story-subplot are flowing freely in this one. > > >
    [/quote]

This one was about the end of the matrix as we know it and Zion as we know it. I seem to agree that having less time in the matrix is more than appropriate.[/quote]

true, but i think the time that they were in the matrix was poorly spent, they could have expanded a lot more on the ending too, they just left you to think about the movie too much instead of explaining it, but i guess thats how the matrix series always was, they just keep shooting the movie and you think out like 80 different plots.

[quote author=burntash link=board=14;threadid=8075;start=0#msg73520 date=1068229984]
    true, but i think the time that they were in the matrix was poorly spent, they could have expanded a lot more on the ending too, they just left you to think about the movie too much instead of explaining it, but i guess thats how the matrix series always was, they just keep shooting the movie and you think out like 80 different plots.
    [/quote]

Sure, we could have had an ending where you see the robots and the human zion councel meet to sort out a treaty. Then they togethor work to clean up the atmosphere undoing their damage from the war, of course lots of shots of the machines (both non-sentient and sentient of course) used to remove the baddies from the sky, then scenes of parks and such being created through a joint effort as the world is restored to a beautiful place to be. Who knows, maybe they could even expand further, with a joint space program or something.

that may be your theory, but my theory is the directors smoked themselves retarded. ;D

I think any attempt to "explain" the movie would have came off like that though.. I mean, realistically what more could you have explained without the ending coming out totally gay? Add an ending dialogue like the beginning of dark city where someone talks for two minutes telling us about the prosperous future the robots and humans shared? I liked it as is..

i thought it was okay.

errr wait - did i say okay? i meant i thought it was freaking great!! one of the most intense movies i have ever seen. the action was close to non-stop and i never had the impression that the action was there just for the sake of being there, except for the neo-smith fight, but that certainly was not bad at all. i am quite surprised that so many people are disapointed with it. the ending was a bit of a surprise - it was not dumbed down and left a bit of tension.

the only scene i didnt like was when trinity was dieing. I was like "c'mon, die already!"

[quote author=vvx link=board=14;threadid=8075;start=0#msg73511 date=1068192339]
    I'm in the minority.

Of the 3 movies, I thought

The Matrix was good.
    Reloaded sucked total ass.
    Revolutions was better than even The Matrix

If you haven't seen it, you shouldn't be reading this thread, and should make your own mind up on whether it's good or bad. If you have seen it, you've got your own opinions that likely contradict my own as I've only talked with like 2 people who thought it was good.
    [/quote]

Well, I guess I am in the really minor minority.

I thought Matrix was an amusing, mediocore film that was made by folks who read a lot of new wave SF, like Philip Dick, and thought that they "got it".

Reloaded was a mega-buck Hollywood sequal with no subsatnce and a lot of CGI effects.

I have not seen, nor will I waste my money on, Revolutions.