Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Stuck in rpm hell

Thread: Stuck in rpm hell

Stuck in rpm hell

I thought I knew my way around rpm but here is a new trick for this old dog, and I need help.

I'm trying to upgrade my Pan

Code:
    [root@ken /home/ken/gzips]rpm -Uhv /home/ken/gzips/pan-0.14.2-2.i386.rpm
    warning: /home/ken/gzips/pan-0.14.2-2.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
    error: Failed dependencies:
            libaspell.so.15 is needed by pan-0.14.2-2
    [root@ken /home/ken/gzips]whereis libaspell.so.15
    libaspell.so: /usr/lib/libaspell.so.10 /usr/local/lib/libaspell.so.15 
                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    /usr/local/lib/libaspell.so
    depends needed, but clearly THERE

wtf? and how to recover?

TIA,

Ken

Re:Stuck in rpm hell

Ken!!
    How are you - quite well I hope

on to the problem - the fact that the lib needed is in /usr/local tells me that there is a good chance that this was not added by an RPM, but perhaps by a tarball or something. to verify this try a rpm -qf /usr/local/lib/libaspell.so.15 and if it comes back that this is not owned by anyone we can be positive of this.

that said i would do a mighty rpm -Uhv --nodeps /home/ken/gzips/pan-0.14.2-2.i386.rpm and install it that way.

Be sure that /usr/local/lib is listed in the file /etc/ld.so.conf and you have run ldconfig since it was installed.

hth
    paul

[quote author=pbharris link=board=1;threadid=8038;start=0#msg73225 date=1067557458]
    Ken!!
    How are you - quite well I hope
    [/quote]

Doing super, Paul, thanks for asking

[quote author=pbharris link=board=1;threadid=8038;start=0#msg73225 date=1067557458]
    on to the problem - the fact that the lib needed is in /usr/local tells me that there is a good chance that this was not added by an RPM, but perhaps by a tarball or something. to verify this try a rpm -qf /usr/local/lib/libaspell.so.15 and if it comes back that this is not owned by anyone we can be positive of this.
    [/quote]

;D We can be positive of this
    Code:
    [root@ken /home/ken]rpm -qf /usr/local/lib/libaspell.so.15
    file /usr/local/lib/libaspell.so.15 is not owned by any package
    that said i would do a mighty rpm -Uhv --nodeps /home/ken/gzips/pan-0.14.2-2.i386.rpm and install it that way.
    [/quote]

Indeed it did install that way but this whole exercise was to gain the aspell that was added to the 2.2 but alas I'll live without that for now

Be sure that /usr/local/lib is listed in the file /etc/ld.so.conf and you have run ldconfig since it was installed.
    [/quote]
    Indeed it is listed:
    Code:
    [root@ken /home/ken]cat /etc/ld.so.conf
    /usr/kerberos/lib
    /usr/X11R6/lib
    /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib
    /usr/lib/wine
    /usr/lib/mysql

/usr/local/lib
    /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
    /usr/lib/qt2/lib
    /usr/lib/sane
    and I did [root@ken /home/ken]ldconfig
    for all that was worth. ;D
    hth
    paul
    [/quote]

As usual, Paul it was great help, and super seeing you, again. THANKS !

Ken

hi Ken,
    I think that extra line between the mysql and local/lib may be a problem, once i had an extra white space charactor and nothing past it worked - took a good two days to figure out wth was going on.

/usr/lib/mysql

/usr/local/lib

[quote author=pbharris link=board=1;threadid=8038;start=0#msg73231 date=1067579126]
    hi Ken,
    I think that extra line between the mysql and local/lib may be a problem, once i had an extra white space charactor and nothing past it worked - took a good two days to figure out wth was going on.

/usr/lib/mysql

/usr/local/lib
    [/quote]

Great thought, Paul

But in this case it didn't help one iota ... still the same funky message, and that darn aspell and the libs are a mess with some in rpm and one a tarball only... and depends of /many/ things needing different versions of some of the libs.

Oh, well the app works, and I didn't have the spello checker before I "upgraded", so not having it after isn't the end of anything, even if the author/maintainer added it.

One of these days I'll rpm it with -e --allmatches and straighten the mess out, but it isn't now a priority.

btw, I really like Pan as a news reader... kudos to Charles Kerr for the outstanding job he does to keep it in constant flux with upgrades...a super news reader!

Thanks for your help, Paul.

Ken