Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

pretty openoffice?

Thread: pretty openoffice?

pretty openoffice?

I've been wondering this for quite some time. When you install RedHat, all the openoffice fonts are pretty and antialiased and look like the gtk fonts. Even the menus up at the top like File and Edit look like gtk2. Is there a way to get this on other sytems? Specifically Debian? OOo has always looked like garbage on everything except RH systems for me. For reference, take a look at http://tyr_7be.tripod.com/problem.html . Displayed here is Ximian's OpenOffice.org compiled from source on a Debian system. In the corner of the screen there's a gtk2 cd player. My question: how do I make the fonts in OOo look like the fonts in the cd player?

Re:pretty openoffice?

First off, do you have the "freetype" module set and loaded in your XF86Config? You might grab a couple sets of TTF fonts, and set it with a couple.

Good Guru

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=2;threadid=8034;start=0#msg73202 date=1067471976]
    Displayed here is Ximian's OpenOffice.org compiled from source on a Debian system.[/quote]
    You could try the one with apt-get. When I tried it, it wanted to remove abiword which I use it often and KDE related stuff which I use as my DE. I'm ??? why installing OO.o need other office softwares to be removed. >

Yes I do have freetype loaded. It handles fonts in gtk2 as well as mozilla. And I also did apt-get install openoffice before compiling ximian's. Ximian was an attempt by me to fix the problem, but apparently it didn't work

You could try enabling the patented bytecode hinter in freetype.

Append this to the C(XX)FLAGS you use to compile Ximian OpenOffice

-DTT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=2;threadid=8034;start=0#msg73238 date=1067595869]
    You could try enabling the patented bytecode hinter in freetype.

Append this to the C(XX)FLAGS you use to compile Ximian OpenOffice

-DTT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER

[/quote]

I just gave it a shot...no deal. *sigh*...I suppose I'm just confined to an ugly office suite for the time being. I'm wanting to put on Fedora as soon as it becomes a little more usable, so I'll just live with it for now I suppose.