Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

A shut Gates on open source
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A shut Gates on open source

Mentor

A shut Gates on open source

How many false statements can you find in this article?

Re:A shut Gates on open source

Makes me wonder if he really believes all this sh*t he's spewing. ???

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?.../10/23/1527244

his partner in crime is right behind him too

Why are they comparing to RH6 ??? ??? oh thats right cause they know RH9 is much much better ;D

Mentor

Not to mention the fact that a lot of Open Source bugs discovered come to surface as the result of code audits, not exploits as in the case of M$ software.

while are at it why dont we compare linux today to windows 95 or me ;D

[quote author=cloverm link=board=13;threadid=7996;start=0#msg72963 date=1066927223]
    Not to mention the fact that a lot of Open Source bugs discovered come to surface as the result of code audits, not exploits as in the case of M$ software.

[/quote]

And OS bugs get fixed right away for free. M$ bugs takes years to fix (if ever) and then you have to buy the new version of the software.

[quote author=burntash link=board=13;threadid=7996;start=0#msg72975 date=1066937077]
    while are at it why dont we compare linux today to windows 95 or me ;D
    [/quote]

i belive nt4 server vs linux 2.4.22 would be the best one to do...and then windows ME would be shattered within the first 10th of the comparison

Good Guru

[quote author=mojo jojo link=board=13;threadid=7996;start=0#msg72962 date=1066926179]
    Why are they comparing to RH6 ??? ??? oh thats right cause they know RH9 is much much better ;D
    [/quote]

Stock Win2K was released right around RH 6.2. So I have to say, between that and the plethora of RH 6.2 servers still out there (patched to hell and back), I cant disagree there. But with current Windows servers, they must then take it against say ... RHEL 3 to be entirely fair. And there is where they lose their asses off. They picked a fight that could more easily be distorted.

...and then windows ME would be shattered within the first 10th of the comparison
    It's already shattered. I'm not sure M$ would even admit to producing that version anymore. Besides, support for it is going to drop in December.