Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Modem problems

Thread: Modem problems

Associate

Modem problems

I've got a 127a:1005 PCI modem which should be working with the linuxant.com HCF driver,
    and it sortof does, you see I can install the sriver and test if it's working in a terminal with som commands like AT &F etc and the modem answers with OK, but when i try to dial my ISP the modem doesn't seem to check for a tone first, it just waits for the CONNECT after sending ATDT"number"
    Then nothing happens, perhaps I should try another PPP prog?
    Anyway if you know anything about this it would be very helpfull.

Re:Modem problems

Hello,
    I would try a different PPP program - or edit the AT strings of the ones you are using. The very first one I would issue is ATZ to reset it and then do the normally <INIT>+ ATDT +<INIT> +NUMEBR

Associate

Ok, Im having abit of trouble finding a ppp prog thats works
    well in mandrake, but wanyway what do you mean by +<INIT>?

Hi,
    I would recommend kppp. It always worked well for me.

hello,
    on all ther modems i have had there are init strings you can use to adjust settings on the modem - did you modem come with a manual ?

Associate

nope =(
    but my windows seems to be using these inits
    AT<cr>
    AT&FE0V1S0=0&C1&D2+MR=2;+DR=1;+ER=1;W2 <cr>
    ATS7=60M1+ES=3,0,2;+DS=3;+IFC=2,2;X4<cr>
    ATS0=0<cr>

but it doesn't seem to work anyway, i still get NO DIALTONE or NO CARRIER, and yea I us kppp too