Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Rhythmbox Config

Thread: Rhythmbox Config

Rhythmbox Config

Hi all. I've just started using Rhythmbox with Gnome & Debian Sid and playing mp3s is working fine, but when I try to listen to online radio stations, I recieve this error message:

opening vfs file "http://66.117.2.28:8206" (Generic error)

Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this?

Thnx.

Re:Rhythmbox Config

Which version are you using? I'm using 0.5.99 from the site below, and I only experienced that message once while trying it a few minutes ago. Now it just freezes up. :-/ Maybe this will be fixed before 0.6.0.

deb http://www.evane.org/debian/experimental ./ - Experimental Debs

BTW, I too am on Debian Sid w/ Gnome 2.4.x

I got the same error (with the same IP) just a few minutes ago. Now it's working fine. Maybe a server went down.

Does it work for you now?

I'm at work so I won't be able to try it till I get home in the morning.

I did an apt-get dist-upgrade before coming to work, so I guess it's the latest version out.

Well I'm still trying to get Internet Radio to play but I keep getting the same error message, no matter which station I choose.

I even added a station to the list and it gives the same error with the same IP address in the error message.

Anymore ideas/suggestions?

Thnx.

Have you tried upgrading / downgrading gstreamer? Could be a gstreamer thing.

From my experience, gstreamer is still a little on the unusable side. Most things work 80% of the time, but every now and then you'll get a bug that's just too irritating for words. A bug like the inability to play oggs in 0.5x, or the inability to play CERTAIN mp3s in 0.6x, or the fact that 0.63 worked ok for me, so I figured I'd try 0.64, and suddenly video's broken. The authors of gstreamer seriously need to pull it together a little more.

Oops, silly me :...I didn't know you was suppose to double click the station name. It's working fine now, but the one I added seems not to work. I added the new station IP numbers but I don't know what the last numbers should be (207.230.154.179:xxxx). Anybody know how to get those numbers?

My version is 0.5.4

Thnx.