Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

sound in GNOME but not in KDE

Thread: sound in GNOME but not in KDE

sound in GNOME but not in KDE

i'm having turbo linux 8.0 with both GNOME and KDE are installed. But the problem is sound is coming in GNOME but not in KDE. i think it means that i've the driver installed. then what settings i've to change KDE to the hear the sound. Kboodle shows that it is playing the song but only the sound is missing.please help me.

Re:sound in GNOME but not in KDE

I had a similar type of problem with Archlinux and never did figure it out. After I switched to Gnome and sound was working, I just stayed with Gnome. I really like it better now then KDE.

Is aRts turned on? What happens when you test the sound from the control center in KDE?

sound is checking right in KDE. but i'm only working in GNOME it's working fine. thanks for all ur suggestions. bye.