Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Redhat 9 reboots by it self
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redhat 9 reboots by it self

Redhat 9 reboots by it self

Hello guys,

When i had Redhat Linux 8 it reboots by itself. Now i have Redhat 9 and it does the same thing. I was running apt4update. I left it on over night because i had 51 files. I woke up this morning i get the login screen so logged in and enter my password. I ran apt4update again. I went out to the store this morning. I came back and it was at the login screen again so i say screw it. I just logged into Windows and i making this post. Has anyone ever had this problem before and knows how to fix it or had a similar problem?? If you do please reply back. Thanks guys.

Re:Redhat 9 reboots by it self

hello,
    can you open a terminal and type uptime so we know if it rebooted or logged you out.

Good Guru

Do you mean apt4rpm ?

If so, then I have never seen that. I have had wine lock and in one case reboot my computer. But not native linux apps or any rpm tool. Perhaps you should watch it and see what it going on.

yes i can do that. Just give me a few minutes so i could reboot in Linux.

Ok guys here is my output.

[dsanta@localhost dsanta]$ uptime
    11:57:43 up 2 min, 2 users, load average: 0.83, 0.53, 0.21
    [dsanta@localhost dsanta]$

okay - that was a bad quesiton from me. i forgot that had re-booted. Can you please have a look at the file /var/log/messages and post what you can - you do need to be the user root for this.

paul

permission denied.

[dsanta@localhost dsanta]$ su
    Password:
    [root@localhost dsanta]# /var/log/messages
    bash: /var/log/messages: Permission denied
    [root@localhost dsanta]#

try cat /var/log/messages or looks at it with you favorite text editor

That command was denied too. I don't know what to look for with my text editor. I was trying to search through my home folder but did not see anything about messages.

Try:

1. su
    2. cd /var/log
    3. cat messages