Thread: Firefox 1.0!

Hybrid View

Firefox 1.0!

Mozilla.org is totally slammed, I got decent download rates here if you are looking for a mirror.

http://64.12.168.243/pub/mozilla.org.../releases/1.0/

Not much/any different than the release candidates that I have been able to discern.
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Associate

Re: Firefox 1.0!

The mirror works great and is fast -- Mozilla.org only had the dev. version this morning.......
    Don't really notice any difference from the pre-release versions.......
    gg

8)

I checked slashdot a couple of hours after I posted this and found about 20 or 30 more mirrors. Then a little while after than Google had search results specifically for Firefox mirrors. The popularity of this is overwhelming.

On a side note, I have a friend that works for the New York Times, I called him last night and asked him if he could send me a copy of the issue that had the Firefox ad in it. He told me he could do that and maybe even better, he would try to get the plates from the print press after they are done with them. I guess NYTimes is one of the few papers still using plates like these and after they use them they are essentially thrown away. That would be freekin awesome.

Mentor

On a side note, I have a friend that works for the New York Times, I called him last night and asked him if he could send me a copy of the issue that had the Firefox ad in it. He told me he could do that and maybe even better, he would try to get the plates from the print press after they are done with them. I guess NYTimes is one of the few papers still using plates like these and after they use them they are essentially thrown away. That would be freekin awesome.
    When should we start looning on E-bay?

Mentor

If you want to post, don't cut off the end of your fingers!

JRO, When should we start looking on E-bay?

Quote Originally Posted by jro";p="3500
    I checked slashdot a couple of hours after I posted this and found about 20 or 30 more mirrors. Then a little while after than Google had search results specifically for Firefox mirrors. The popularity of this is overwhelming.

they call them plates still. But really, they're thin sheets of aluminum or tin that is laser etched.

Rather cool.

Heh, I bet they would bring a nice price on Ebay, but if I did end up getting them (unlikely) I would probably donate them to mozilla.org. No way am I gonna make money off all their hard work.